TDatabase component

I am using MySQL via a Delphi5 application and am having a few problems.

The component works fine every time I use it, but if I attempt to Delete
the TDatabase, Disconnect it or change any of it's properties, Delphi
immediately shuts down with no feedback.

Anyone got any ideas what is going on?

TIA
--
Stephen Lee-Woolf
Academic Information Services

Re:TDatabase component

Steve Lee-Woolf (s.lee-wo...@salford.ac.uk) wrote:

: I am using MySQL via a Delphi5 application and am having a few problems.

: The component works fine every time I use it, but if I attempt to Delete
: the TDatabase, Disconnect it or change any of it's properties, Delphi
: immediately shuts down with no feedback.

If I recall correctly, I think you need to close the database,
do your stuff, then open the database again.
--
Rick Carter
carte...@email.uc.edu

Re:TDatabase component

Rick

If by "close the database" you mean set the connected property to false,
this also causes an immediate shutdown. On reload, the property is still
set at true. I've been getting this on every DB app I write - and that's
what I do most!

Perhaps I should clarify that by "immediately shuts down" I mean
IMMEDIATELY (less than 1 second, with no trace on any Delphi-related
processes remaining running on the box) with absolutely no warning.
Restarts fine tho'

Steve

In article <8gkh8d$7a...@news.ececs.uc.edu>, carte...@news.ececs.uc.edu
says...