Screen Saver - Putting screen saver name into source code

I am trying to get a screen saver name to appear in the drop down list
in the screen saver settings in the control panel rather than just the
program name.

I have added the compiler directive

{$D SCRNSAVE : Screen Saver}

into the project source code, but this does not seem to work.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in anticipation.

Adrian

Re:Screen Saver - Putting screen saver name into source code

Hi Adrian,
this is some weird thing.
I suppose you are using win95. In this case you only need to change
the file extension of your saver from .scr to .SCR and you'll see your $D
name in the control panel.
Hope this helps
Sascha Buchner

Re:Screen Saver - Putting screen saver name into source code

Nope, didn't work, still having problems.

Any other suggestions ?

Adrian

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997 08:48:45 +0100, "Sascha Buchner"

<sas...@mind-link.com> wrote:
>Hi Adrian,
>this is some weird thing.
>I suppose you are using win95. In this case you only need to change
>the file extension of your saver from .scr to .SCR and you'll see your $D
>name in the control panel.
>Hope this helps
>Sascha Buchner

Re:Screen Saver - Putting screen saver name into source code

Q) When I upgraded my code to the Win32 platform, the description string
I specified
does not get included in my exe/dll, and/or fails to compile. I do not
want to use the
description field that is available on the linker page, since I must be
able to do this
in code. How can I get the compiler to embed my description string?

A) In you projects main file, include the following code:

{$IFDEF WIN32}
  {$DESCRIPTION 'MyProgram'}
{$ELSE}
  {$D MyProgram}

[...]