Problem with using arrow keys,shortcuts and tab key in controls

Problem: I have an application which calls or loads another form from a dll.
All controls in this form are laid down in a TPanel control. Similar to MS
Outlook, I set the calling application's main form as this panel's parent in
order for me to display it as if it is like ms outlook. This is successful.
However, when I cannot use arrow keys in the grid, shortcuts in the buttons
and tab key to shift from one control to another. But when I load the form
outside the calling application, all these keys are functioning.

What is the problem with this? By the way, I call Win32's SetParent function
to make that panel from the other form (in a dll) to appear in a panel in
the calling application.

Please help.

Re:Problem with using arrow keys,shortcuts and tab key in controls

In article <20011105021355.3674EBB5.NOF...@localhost.local>, Alex Deyto wrote:
> Problem: I have an application which calls or loads another form from a dll.
> All controls in this form are laid down in a TPanel control. Similar to MS
> Outlook, I set the calling application's main form as this panel's parent in
> order for me to display it as if it is like ms outlook. This is successful.
> However, when I cannot use arrow keys in the grid, shortcuts in the buttons
> and tab key to shift from one control to another. But when I load the form
> outside the calling application, all these keys are functioning.

> What is the problem with this? By the way, I call Win32's SetParent function
> to make that panel from the other form (in a dll) to appear in a panel in
> the calling application.

Don't, use the Parent property. And make sure the form has no caption
(Borderstyle bsNone us best suited for this kind of exercise).

If it still fails to work properly try to build DLL and host app with run-time
packages.