EDBE error: not exact read/write in MyTable.mb and MyTable.mb

Hi,
I'm working with Delphi 1 and Paradox
My application is running simultaneously on two computers and both are
trying to write to an MB-file (paradox-file for blob-fields among others),
e.g. MyTable.mb.

The error:
EDBEngine error: not exact read/write in MyTable.mb and MyTable.mb

Somebody had a solution for this problem.

TIA,
Jeroen

Re:EDBE error: not exact read/write in MyTable.mb and MyTable.mb

>The error:
>EDBEngine error: not exact read/write in MyTable.mb and MyTable.mb

This usually indicates a corrupt table
Rebuild the table with Tutility.
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/files/tutil32d.zip

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:EDBE error: not exact read/write in MyTable.mb and MyTable.mb

Brian,

I don't think this has anything to do with a corrupt table, because I start
out with a fresh, empty database. Also the error doesn't occur, when I'm
running the application on only one workstation (= not simultaneously).

I think this is some kind of a locking problem. Is the lock forced upon the
table by the TTable.Edit method not working correctly when MB-tables are
involved?????

Thanks for your answer, but still hoping for some info,

Jeroen.

Brian Bushay TeamB wrote in message

<354615f6.16780...@forums.borland.com>...

>>The error:
>>EDBEngine error: not exact read/write in MyTable.mb and MyTable.mb

>This usually indicates a corrupt table
>Rebuild the table with Tutility.
>http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/files/tutil32d.zip

>--
>Brian Bushay (TeamB)
>Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:EDBE error: not exact read/write in MyTable.mb and MyTable.mb

>Is the lock forced upon the
>table by the TTable.Edit method not working correctly when MB-tables are
>involved?????

I do not understand this question.

>I don't think this has anything to do with a corrupt table, because I start
>out with a fresh, empty database. Also the error doesn't occur, when I'm
>running the application on only one workstation (= not simultaneously).

There error does seem to be related to Memo corruptois.  The followin
note may apply to your situation.

It has been determined that there is a problem with VREDIR.VXD version
1111 and 1113 only.  If you have versions 950 or 1116, this problem
will not occur.
Also, there must be more than one application using the table.  If any
one of the applications machine is using the bad VREDIR.VXD (1111 or
1113) the
error will occur on all machines.  Other information is also available
at: http://www.borland.com/devsupport/sqllinks/pub-90.html
http://premium.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q174/3/71.asp
(Microsoft Document Q174371)
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:EDBE error: not exact read/write in MyTable.mb and MyTable.mb

Brian, thanks for answer. It helped me a lot and I don't think I could have
figured this out for myself.
Unfortunately it was not the complete solution to this problem.

On my computer replacing the 1111 version with a 1116 version solved the
problem. Doing the same on a few other PCs (and restarting them)
however didn't solve the problem there.

By the way: LOCAL SHARE is set to TRUE and I also toyed with the
Windows/Performance/File System/Trouble shooting settings.

If anyone can shed some light on this problem .......

<353f539c.38527...@forums.borland.com>...
>It has been determined that there is a problem with VREDIR.VXD version
>1111 and 1113 only.  If you have versions 950 or 1116, this problem
>will not occur.
>Also, there must be more than one application using the table.  If any
>one of the applications machine is using the bad VREDIR.VXD (1111 or
>1113) the
>error will occur on all machines.  Other information is also available
>at: http://www.borland.com/devsupport/sqllinks/pub-90.html
>http://premium.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q174/3/71.asp
>(Microsoft Document Q174371)
>--