ASCII-database

Don't ask me why, but there is a need to use ttAscii database type with
one application.

Does that format only support one field/column per row? Or, what is the
actual format definition, if not comma delimited one.

Thanks.

Re:ASCII-database

In <4phb32$...@linux.nildram.co.uk> Jyry Kuukkanen <j...@nildram.co.uk>
writes:

>Don't ask me why, but there is a need to use ttAscii database type
with
>one application.

>Does that format only support one field/column per row? Or, what is
the
>actual format definition, if not comma delimited one.

>Thanks.

You must create a schema file to define an ASCII database.  The files
must have a .txt extension.  There is no index support. You must
specify the driver in your bde and the tTable component(ttASCII not
default).  For schema instruction ASCIIDRV.txt somewhere in the Delphi
dir or subdirectory.  Just go a dos prompt and type
cd \delphi
dir ascii*.*/s
and you'll locate it.

Ben