Problems with 'ADD PROJECT TO REPOSITORY'

Hi, I'm a new user of Delphi and a beginner at windows programming. I
am
trying to learn by studying the book 'Delphi Programming for Dummies'
2nd
edition, it seems like a popular book.
I am running Delphi 2.01 on an NT4.0 Server the install went smoothly
with
no problems to report.
On page 45 of the book I am instructed to add my simple fixed size
form and
project to the Repository.....
If I add to the repository project page a simple project with fixed
size and
then use FILE NEW and select the PROJECT tab and select my project it
asks
to select a directory. Selecting the \BIN it then has dialog box which
asks
do I want to replace this file. It does this for each file in the \BIN
directory. If I choose a new directory instead of \BIN it copies all
the
files from the BIN directory into the new directory.
.... now I'm stumpted, I don't know what to do now.
Regards,
Val Eckertson
val_eckert...@ccm.hf.intel.com or val_...@hotmail.com

Re:Problems with 'ADD PROJECT TO REPOSITORY'

    Your Question is out of the scope of this group.  You might want to
try another Delphi news group.
        Thank you for using Borland Fourms.

Val Eckertson wrote:
> Hi, I'm a new user of Delphi and a beginner at windows programming. I
> am
> trying to learn by studying the book 'Delphi Programming for Dummies'
> 2nd
> edition, it seems like a popular book.
> I am running Delphi 2.01 on an NT4.0 Server the install went smoothly
> with
> no problems to report.
> On page 45 of the book I am instructed to add my simple fixed size
> form and
> project to the Repository.....
> If I add to the repository project page a simple project with fixed
> size and
> then use FILE NEW and select the PROJECT tab and select my project it
> asks
> to select a directory. Selecting the \BIN it then has dialog box which
> asks
> do I want to replace this file. It does this for each file in the \BIN
> directory. If I choose a new directory instead of \BIN it copies all
> the
> files from the BIN directory into the new directory.
> .... now I'm stumpted, I don't know what to do now.
> Regards,
> Val Eckertson
> val_eckert...@ccm.hf.intel.com or val_...@hotmail.com

Other Threads