Need BDE help: unable to change config settings

Hi all,
I need some serious help here.  I have developed a Delphi 2/Oracle 7.3 app
and used InstallShield to prepare an installation package.  I installed the
app on a user's workstation.  This user already had BDE stuff residing on
his machine for a previously installed Delphi/Sybase app.  When I attemped
to modify the idapi32.cfg file through the BDE configuration utility, I was
unable to make any changes to the drivers or aliases.  Any parameter I
keyed in "disappeared" after the cursor was moved to the next parameter.
What's going on?  How do I add an alias for the Oracle app and change the
settings in the Oracle driver?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Respond to the addy below.  Thanks.

--
Kathy Xykis
kathy.xy...@westgroup.com