IdFTP List

Does anyone know if there is a component from Indy which Parses the
IdFtp.List TStrings when you put ADetails on true?
I want to check whether a file on the server already exists, end if so
whether date and time are older than the local version of the file. If the
local file is newer, I want to upload the newer file.
For this I need the details from the file, which you can get, but I don't
want to do all the parsing myself....

Major NonO

Re:IdFTP List

1. The FTP demo that comes with Indy has a simple parsing example (it only
checks if a file is a directory).
2. Parsing FTP listings can be very difficult, because the format isn't
fixed, but dependant on the FTP server.

"Major NonO" <M.vanderk...@hetnet.nl> schreef in bericht

> Does anyone know if there is a component from Indy which Parses the
> IdFtp.List TStrings when you put ADetails on true?
> I want to check whether a file on the server already exists, end if so
> whether date and time are older than the local version of the file. If the
> local file is newer, I want to upload the newer file.
> For this I need the details from the file, which you can get, but I don't
> want to do all the parsing myself....

> Major NonO

Re:IdFTP List

> 1. The FTP demo that comes with Indy has a simple parsing example (it only
> checks if a file is a directory).

That's nothing I need. I want to know the filename, the date, and the
filesize

> 2. Parsing FTP listings can be very difficult, because the format isn't
> fixed, but dependant on the FTP server.

The server I'm using is a Unix type FTP server and is not likely to change
between now and the next few years...

Other Threads