A way to temporarly stop windows process messages ?

I need your help !!!

Does someone know how can i  temporarly stop windows process messages,
like keyboard stroke messages,
restarting it at the end of a special treatment without the lost of all
messages not processed during its treatment ?

If you have the answer, please tell me ...

Thanks

P.S.  i'm sorry if my english is not very right

Re:A way to temporarly stop windows process messages ?

  If it's your own application you could write Application.OnMessage event and catch all events their. Then create a query of messages and as soon as it is allowed just resend them again.
  If you wish to prevent all applications from getting messages you probably need a windows hook that will work the same way(See SetWindowsHookEx in MSDN).

    Regards
  Alex Shlega

**********************************
Meta search software for your site:
http://a1385.svwh.net/comkast/search
**********************************

  "Jr?me PIALOT" <j-pia...@gil.fr> wrote in message news:3A6C1D3B.3637A1B1@gil.fr...
  I need your help !!!
  Does someone know how can i  temporarly stop windows process messages, like keyboard stroke messages,
  restarting it at the end of a special treatment without the lost of all messages not processed during its treatment ?

  If you have the answer, please tell me ...

  Thanks

  P.S.  i'm sorry if my english is not very right

Re:A way to temporarly stop windows process messages ?

>"Jr?me PIALOT" <j-pia...@gil.fr> pse v diskusnm prspevku

>I need your help !!!
>Does someone know how can i  temporarly stop windows process messages, like

keyboard stroke >messages,
>restarting it at the end of a special treatment without the lost of all

messages not processed during its >treatment ?
I wonder what you've meant. Do you consider only your own application
messages or all running ones?
There are many ways to treat messages: install an message hook for any
window in the system, or simply use Application.OnMessage or write your own
TMyForm.ProcessMessages, etc, etc. But it may be complicated.
Normally, in sigle-thread application, messages are not procesed inside
event handlers,
so I don't understand why you want to stop somethig that is not happening at
all.
Please explain, what do you exactly want.
Bogdan.

Other Threads