Removing app from task bar/app list.

Hi,

I'm sure this is a common question. how do you remove an app from the task
bar ?

There seems to be solutions that mess about with shell_notify... is there
any Delphi code around for this ?

Regards

Nick

Re:Removing app from task bar/app list.

Easy......

var
    AHandle : THandle;
begin
AHandle:=FindWindow(nil,'Aplication Title');
if AHandle<>0 then ShowWindow(AHandle,SW_HIDE);

Hi to all from Len (Spain)

Jos Rubn   jos...@asturies.org
"Out of Memory"
-------------------------------

Nick Farrow escribi:

> Hi,

> I'm sure this is a common question. how do you remove an app from the task
> bar ?

> There seems to be solutions that mess about with shell_notify... is there
> any Delphi code around for this ?

> Regards

> Nick

Re:Removing app from task bar/app list.

>> Hi,

>> I'm sure this is a common question. how do you remove an app from the
task
>> bar ?

>> There seems to be solutions that mess about with shell_notify... is there
>> any Delphi code around for this ?

>> Regards

>> Nick

ShowMessage(Application.Handle, SW_HIDE);

Regards,

Paul

Re:Removing app from task bar/app list.

Hi,

Thanks for this.

 I have already tried this. It removes the window from the visible area but
the task is still visible in the task list and the task bar. Is this the
correct behavoiur for this code, or is something missing with my app.

Regards

Nick

Re:Removing app from task bar/app list.

I use this with delphi 2 and it does all you need.
  hide;
  ShowWindow(Self.Handle, SW_Hide);
  ShowWindow(Application.Handle, SW_Hide);

Regards,

Patrick

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:Removing app from task bar/app list.

This is an example of a .dpr file of an app which does not show on the task
bar but does show on the system tray. If anyone would like the full source
code then please email me.

Regards,
David Taylor
www.solarsys.co.uk

program Explore;

{If you often use Explorer then you will like this}
{With this app you slam the mouse to the left side of the screen and click
to launch explorer

{Creates a 1 pixel wide form at the left side of the screen}
{places an icon on the system tray and no button on the task bar}
{left click launches Explorer at c:\ (not c:\windows)}
{right click closes app}
{left click Tray icon launches Explorer}

{Freeware written by David Taylor, SolarSys Ltd. February 1998}
 {www.solarsys.co.uk}
{Thanks to Martin Djern?s for mdTray.pas System Tray Component}
 {djern...@metronet.de   http://einstein.ot.dk/~djernaes/vcl.html}

Uses
  Forms,
  windows, //required to provide ShowWindow function
  uExplore in 'uExplore.pas'; {Form1}

{$R *.RES}

begin
  Application.Title := 'Explore';
  Application.CreateForm(TForm1, Form1);

 {do not show the app on the task bar}
  ShowWindow(Application.Handle,SW_HIDE);

  Application.Run;
end.

Nick Farrow wrote in message <6nb23k$or...@pheidippides.axion.bt.co.uk>...
>Hi,

>I'm sure this is a common question. how do you remove an app from the task
>bar ?

>There seems to be solutions that mess about with shell_notify... is there
>any Delphi code around for this ?

>Regards

>Nick

Re:Removing app from task bar/app list.

:-) it's ShowWindow and if you want to do it for another program, you must find
first the window....

var
    AHandle : THandle;
begin
AHandle:=FindWindow(nil,'Aplication Title');
if AHandle<>0 then ShowWindow(AHandle,SW_HIDE);

Hi to all from Len (Spain)

Jos Rubn  jos...@asturies.org
"Out of Memory"
--------------------------

Paul escribi:

> >> Hi,

> >> I'm sure this is a common question. how do you remove an app from the
> task
> >> bar ?

> >> There seems to be solutions that mess about with shell_notify... is there
> >> any Delphi code around for this ?

> >> Regards

> >> Nick

> ShowMessage(Application.Handle, SW_HIDE);

> Regards,

> Paul

Other Threads