Win32 API Guru needed (I think)

I need to know whether it is possible to block the processing of all
other currently running processes (obviously apart from OS/Kernel
processes).?  Sort of the oppsoite to yield.

I know that this is done using password protected screen savers, but
is the blocking down from within the Delphi application, or the OS
itself?

If you could point me in the wright direction ie. what to search for
in the API documentation, I will be both very grateful and very
impressed.

Thanks, Michael.

Re:Win32 API Guru needed (I think)

Hi Micheal,
        Is this sort of what you are looking for.
Var
  Dummy : Integer;
begin
  {tell the system a screen saver is running}
  {and disable alt-tab and ctrl-alt-del}
  { SystemParametersInfo (SPI_SCREENSAVERRUNNING,Word(True),@Dummy,0);

--
Regards
Tim Hyder

Michael Lee <mi...@cleo.murdoch.edu.au> wrote in article
<58pgng$...@newsman.murdoch.edu.au>...

> I need to know whether it is possible to block the processing of all
> other currently running processes (obviously apart from OS/Kernel
> processes).?  Sort of the oppsoite to yield.

> I know that this is done using password protected screen savers, but
> is the blocking down from within the Delphi application, or the OS
> itself?

> If you could point me in the wright direction ie. what to search for
> in the API documentation, I will be both very grateful and very
> impressed.

> Thanks, Michael.

Re:Win32 API Guru needed (I think)

try to pump up process' prioriy

In article <58pgng$...@newsman.murdoch.edu.au>, mi...@cleo.murdoch.edu.au
says...

Michael Lee wrote:

> I need to know whether it is possible to block the processing of all
> other currently running processes (obviously apart from OS/Kernel
> processes).?  Sort of the oppsoite to yield.

> I know that this is done using password protected screen savers, but
> is the blocking down from within the Delphi application, or the OS
> itself?

> If you could point me in the wright direction ie. what to search for
> in the API documentation, I will be both very grateful and very
> impressed.

Sounds like "System Modal".

--

http://www.midnightbeach.com/jon   Personal Pages