Returning an automation object from a method/get proc of another automation object

How would I do this? Even if set the return type of a get proc to be a
pointer to an interface, it still says "pointer return type needed"... which
isn't intuitive, since it IS a pointer I'm trying to return.

I'm exposing my app to a scripting system, and I have an IConnections class
which manages IConnection objects.  Scripts should be able to manipulate the
IConnection objects directly, but if that's not possible, I suppose I could
set things up differently.

Cheers.

--
Brian Smith, a code-monkey first, a goofball second.
http://www.massive.nu

Re:Returning an automation object from a method/get proc of another automation object

Ahhh. Dufus.

Nevermind, just got wierded out by the quirky type-lib editor. I figured it
out. ;)

--

"Brian Smith" <I_HATE_SPAM!revol...@massive.nu> wrote in message

> How would I do this? Even if set the return type of a get proc to be a
> pointer to an interface, it still says "pointer return type needed"...
which
> isn't intuitive, since it IS a pointer I'm trying to return.

> I'm exposing my app to a scripting system, and I have an IConnections
class
> which manages IConnection objects.  Scripts should be able to manipulate
the
> IConnection objects directly, but if that's not possible, I suppose I
could
> set things up differently.

> Cheers.

> --
> Brian Smith, a code-monkey first, a goofball second.
> http://www.massive.nu

Re:Returning an automation object from a method/get proc of another automation object

I can see the header of your post on my ISP's copy of this
newsgroup, but it hasn't been sent to Borland's news
server.
That means that most of the people who read
Borland's newsgroups cannot see your post.

To post messages that other people will see, you
need to connect to Borland's servers directly:
either newsgroups.borland.com or forums.borland.com.
Here's a link with instructions if you don't know how:
http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/newsinfo.html

If you cannot connect directly to newsgroups because
of a firewall, you can post to Borland's newsgroups
via the web pages at http://newsgroups.borland.com/

--
Deborah Pate

Other Threads