DB->Word->user Edit->save to db

I want to be able to load a doc from a database (using temp files are fine)
load in word.  Let the user edit the doc.  When the user is finished save
the updated file back to the database.  I was thinking I could use a timer
and wait for the lock to free on the file once word closes the file, but it
seems so kludgy.  Is there a better way in OLEautomation?

Thanks,
Rob

Re:DB->Word->user Edit->save to db

Ther is an easier way to achieve this, I use an ole container decendant that
I strem blobs to and from.

The blob can obviously be any file such as a ole encapsulation of the word
document etc...

If you like I will send it to you, it is a very rough bound Ole container,
let me know either way.

Good luck Royboy...

Robert A. Cameron wrote in message <6sugj7$s...@forums.borland.com>...
>I want to be able to load a doc from a database (using temp files are fine)
>load in word.  Let the user edit the doc.  When the user is finished save
>the updated file back to the database.  I was thinking I could use a timer
>and wait for the lock to free on the file once word closes the file, but it
>seems so kludgy.  Is there a better way in OLEautomation?

>Thanks,
>Rob

Other Threads