Table create BLOCK SIZE problem

Hey all,

I'm trying to create a paradox table using TTable.CreateTable() in BCB4,
BDE 5.01,Win98 with a BLOCK SIZE=16384.  For this test I have set the
BLOCK SIZE through the BDE Administrator to 2048 becase I don't want to
depend on the "base" BDE configuration for my table creations.

I'm using the BDE to set the block size prior to my CreateTable() call
using the DbiOpenCfgInfoList() and DbiModifyRecord() calls as shown in
the Borland BDE example code.  I know the BLOCK SIZE parameter is being
set because I check the BLOCK SIZE setting by calling
TSession.GetConfigParams() before and after the CreateTable() call.  The
GetConfigParams() call returns

LEVEL=4,"BLOCK SIZE=16384","FILL FACTOR=95",STRICTINTEGRTY=TRUE.

CreateTable() always creates a table with a block size of 2048...even
though before and after the CreateTable() call,
TSession.GetConfigParams() returns the above string list.   Thanks in
advance for any assistance in figuring this out.  All I need is a slight
pointing in the right direction.

Pierce

Re:Table create BLOCK SIZE problem

The BDE only reads the configuration file when it is first initialized
so the changes you make after your BDE session has been opened will
have no effect on the current session. A good place to change the
configuration file is in the initialization section of a unit. This
will ensure that the file is changed before your BDE session is
opened.

On Tue, 04 Jun 2002 17:36:04 -0500, Pierce Primm

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:Table create BLOCK SIZE problem

That did it.  Thank you Bill.  As always...your efforts on this group are
greatly appreciated.

Pierce

Bill Todd wrote:
> The BDE only reads the configuration file when it is first initialized
> so the changes you make after your BDE session has been opened will
> have no effect on the current session. A good place to change the
> configuration file is in the initialization section of a unit. This
> will ensure that the file is changed before your BDE session is
> opened.

Other Threads