Q : ODBC-driver for Oracle 7.2 and D2 (BDE 3.5)

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to my Oracle (7.2) database via ODBC. I'm using D2
(cs) and I can't figure it out. When using the Oracle SQL Links provided
with the D2 cs version, everything works fine (I just want to try it
both ways).

Can anyone point me to the right ODBC drivers (and perhaps where to get
it)?

Thanks in advance

Erwin Meekers.

Re:Q : ODBC-driver for Oracle 7.2 and D2 (BDE 3.5)

Hi

Look at www.intersolv.com. Oracle Client also have a driver

Hannes

Erwin Meekers <emeek...@luc.ac.be> wrote in article
<334C8738.4...@luc.ac.be>...

Erwin Meekers wrote:

> Hi,

> I'm trying to connect to my Oracle (7.2) database via ODBC. I'm using D2
> (cs) and I can't figure it out. When using the Oracle SQL Links provided
> with the D2 cs version, everything works fine (I just want to try it
> both ways).

> Can anyone point me to the right ODBC drivers (and perhaps where to get
> it)?

Hi Erwin,

You can find some information on the Simba 2-tier Oracle ODBC drivers
at:

http://www.simbatech.com/

Or if your system consists of more than one client/database, try a
3-tier ODBC connection.  SimbaExpress applies a 3-tier architecture
which places a server in the middle to communicate with the frontend on
one side and the backend on the other side.  The difference between the
2-tier (client/data) ODBC and the 3-tier (client/server/data) is that if
there exists multiple databases on the network, they can be accessed by
the clients simultaneously.  Also, the middle tier server can
communicate with other middle tier servers on the network, making it
capable of handling a large number of clients or data sources.

Vance
Vance Pan                     Email: g...@ugrad.cs.ubc.ca

Free version of SimbaExpress! Download it at...
http://www.simbatech.com/express

Need to build ODBC drivers? Check out...
http://www.simbatech.com/sdk

For other information, you can contact i...@simbatech.com

Re:Q : ODBC-driver for Oracle 7.2 and D2 (BDE 3.5)

www.oracle.com they have a list over suitable ODBC drivers. Select the one
that suits your OS.

Erwin Meekers <emeek...@luc.ac.be> skrev i inl?gg
<334C8738.4...@luc.ac.be>...

> I'm trying to connect to my Oracle (7.2) database via ODBC. I'm using D2
> (cs) and I can't figure it out. When using the Oracle SQL Links provided
> with the D2 cs version, everything works fine (I just want to try it
> both ways).

> Can anyone point me to the right ODBC drivers (and perhaps where to get
> it)?

Quote of the week (#15):
"...That sweet little girl that live down the street,
some people think shes square by I think shes sweet,
you can see everyday going up and down the way,
lookin so pretty and this is what she say..."

_/\
_|:o) >>>>>>>>>> no_spam_mail2f...@hotmail.com_no_spam <<<<<<<<<<<<
  \/

(Remove no spam when mailing me)

Visit my home @:
http://home3.swipnet.se/~w-33398/ {Under construction}

Visit the World of Links @:
http://home3.swipnet.se/~w-33398/world/world.html
(Links to Delphi, SQL, ActiveX, Java et c)