Printer Driver for Turbo Pascal 7

It would be most appreciated if you could tell me what is the printer
driver name for Canon Bubblejet & HP Laserjet.  I am using Turbo Pascal
7 and can't print out the source code as i do not know the driver name
for this 2 printers that i have.

Thanks a lot for your help again.

Re:Printer Driver for Turbo Pascal 7

Koh Chye Huat wrote in message <3586A674.4...@pc.jaring.my>...
>It would be most appreciated if you could tell me what is the printer
>driver name for Canon Bubblejet & HP Laserjet.  I am using Turbo
Pascal
>7 and can't print out the source code as i do not know the driver
name
>for this 2 printers that i have.

>Thanks a lot for your help again.

Look for PRNFLTR.PAS - it may be in c:\bp\examples\utils

The comment at the start of it lists the supported printers. For the
LaserJet it's /HP, for Canon it's probably /ASCII but you may be able
to make your own filter based on PRNFLTR with better Canon support.

If you want to use paper more efficiently, I have a filter that will
use the HP in landscape mode, getting about 120 lines per page. If you
like, I can email it to you but it's a bit long to post here (25k of
Pascal)

FP

Re:Printer Driver for Turbo Pascal 7

What I actually do, since I have a problem with my printer printing is dos
due to a flawed hardware (needs to be flashed) is I just open the .PAS file
in NOTEPAD then print it from there.

Simple, and it gets the job done.

Koh Chye Huat wrote in message <3586A674.4...@pc.jaring.my>...
>It would be most appreciated if you could tell me what is the printer
>driver name for Canon Bubblejet & HP Laserjet.  I am using Turbo Pascal
>7 and can't print out the source code as i do not know the driver name
>for this 2 printers that i have.

>Thanks a lot for your help again.

Re:Printer Driver for Turbo Pascal 7

Steven Seers escribi:

> What I actually do, since I have a problem with my printer printing is dos
> due to a flawed hardware (needs to be flashed) is I just open the .PAS file
> in NOTEPAD then print it from there.

> Simple, and it gets the job done.

 Even better, you could make a program and run it from the Tools Menu.

Yours,
Mariano.

Re:Printer Driver for Turbo Pascal 7

Frank Peelo escribi:

> If you want to use paper more efficiently, I have a filter that will
> use the HP in landscape mode, getting about 120 lines per page. If you
> like, I can email it to you but it's a bit long to post here (25k of
> Pascal)

Landscape mode with 120 lines? Is it 120 CHARS or am I missing smthg here?

Regards,
Mariano.

Mariano wrote in message <3589A23A.12045...@only.news.com.ar>...
>Frank Peelo escribi:

>> If you want to use paper more efficiently, I have a filter that
will
>> use the HP in landscape mode, getting about 120 lines per page. If
you
>> like, I can email it to you but it's a bit long to post here (25k
of
>> Pascal)

>Landscape mode with 120 lines? Is it 120 CHARS or am I missing smthg
here?

>Regards,
>Mariano.

It's lines. The text file is printed with 2 pages of 60 lines, making
120 in total, each of up to about 80 chars, side-by-side on the A4
page in landscape mode. I find that cuts down the amount of paper I
need for a listing, and lets
me see more in one look.

btw: You specify the printer filter from the Printer Setup dialogue on
the Files menu. Putting it under Tools is normally not the best way.
FP

Re:Printer Driver for Turbo Pascal 7

Frank Peelo escribi:

> Mariano wrote in message <3589A23A.12045...@only.news.com.ar>...
> >Frank Peelo escribi:

> >> If you want to use paper more efficiently, I have a filter that
> will
> >> use the HP in landscape mode, getting about 120 lines per page. If
> you
> >> like, I can email it to you but it's a bit long to post here (25k
> of
> >> Pascal)

> >Landscape mode with 120 lines? Is it 120 CHARS or am I missing smthg
> here?

> >Regards,
> >Mariano.

> It's lines. The text file is printed with 2 pages of 60 lines, making
> 120 in total, each of up to about 80 chars, side-by-side on the A4
> page in landscape mode. I find that cuts down the amount of paper I
> need for a listing, and lets
> me see more in one look.

Oh..

> btw: You specify the printer filter from the Printer Setup dialogue on
> the Files menu. Putting it under Tools is normally not the best way.
> FP

I guess I should check out the Printer Filters since I am not very
acquainted to this, but why is it better?

Mariano wrote in message <35953C49.A1752...@only.news.com.ar>...
>Frank Peelo escribi:
>> btw: You specify the printer filter from the Printer Setup dialogue
on
>> the Files menu. Putting it under Tools is normally not the best
way.
>> FP

>I guess I should check out the Printer Filters since I am not very
>acquainted to this, but why is it better?

because the Print instructions in the IDE will use the printer filter
setup. The printer filter can get escape codes inserted by the IDE to
perform syntax highlighting in the printout, if the filter supports
that (these codes can be turned off, of course). And the ^KP sequence
to print a marked block goes through the printer filter.

FP

Other Threads