output with 'write'?

Hi,

is there any possibility in delphi to display a lot of text
in a window by function 'write', for example to link standard
output to this window? I try to make a gui for an old program
running on a console. There are a lot of write operations in it
and I'm not very happy with changing these operations to operations
putting text in a memo, for example. Has anyone a better idea?

Thanks a lot!

Georg

Dipl.-Ing. Georg Raming                  Universitaet Hannover
                                         Institut fuer Elektrowaerme
phone: +49-511-762-2366                  Wilhelm-Busch-Strasse 4
fax:   +49-511-762-3275                  30167 Hannover, Germany
email: ram...@ewh.uni-hannover.de
www:
http://sun1.rrzn-user.uni-hannover.de/~nhmgewhw/staff/raming/raming.h...

Re:output with 'write'?

Georg Raming (ram...@ewh.uni-hannover.de) wrote:

: Hi,

: is there any possibility in delphi to display a lot of text
: in a window by function 'write', for example to link standard
: output to this window? I try to make a gui for an old program
: running on a console. There are a lot of write operations in it
: and I'm not very happy with changing these operations to operations
: putting text in a memo, for example. Has anyone a better idea?

: Thanks a lot!

: Georg
: --

Use the CRT Template.

Initiate Delphi, but close any open projects.  Using Options menu,
select Gallery...     Select the templates folder and make the CRT
template the Default.

Now when you go back to Delphi File menu to start a new project,
you will prompted for a working directory.  Select one, and then
you'll see a CRT looking window (instead of the usual Form1).

You can now use all the standard Pascal write and writeln statements,
etc.

What I do is open an old Pascal program using Notepad, copy it to the
clipboard, then paste it into this CRT window in place of the Begin - End
statements that are part of the CRT template.

...rjb

Other Threads