Form.PixelsPerInch : Is this property really working?

        Bottomline : Is change a Form's PixelsPerInch value really change the pixel per inch ratio
within the form, or is it a bug that modifying PixelsPerInch dosen't work at all, and I am the last
one in the world who does know about it?

        I am working on a Delpi application that has to run on both "800 X 600 small font"  and
"800 X 600 large font" display configuration.  As many of you may know, the pixel per inch under
"large font" config is different from "small font" display config.  ( Under "small font" config,
screen.PixelPerInch = 96; Under "large font" config, screen.PixelPerInch = 120).  The difference in
PixelPerInch can cause a major problem: a form layout designed under one display config will
look different under another display config.  One way to solve this problem is by modifying the
dimension and position of all components on a form accord to the screen.PixelsPerInch value.  I
find this appoarch a little painful.

        Supposingly, changing the Form's PixelsPerInch value is the second option.  By assigning
the right PixelsPerInch value to a form according to the screen.PixelsPerInch value, one should
be able to maintain the same layout under different display configuration.

        Well, that's not what I observed.  In fact, no matter what value I changed in a Form's
PixelsPerInch, no happens.  I am definitely sure that I set the Scaled property to true.  No.  None.
No matter what value I passed into Form.PixelsPerInch, nothing happens.  Nothing change.  Have
no effect at all.

        Does anyone ever use Form.PixelsPerInch value?  Is it working?

Daniel

Re:Form.PixelsPerInch : Is this property really working?

In article <dankwan.34.014CA...@neosoft.com>, dank...@neosoft.com (Daniel Kwan) says:

>        Bottomline : Is change a Form's PixelsPerInch value really change the pixel per inch ratio
>within the form, or is it a bug that modifying PixelsPerInch dosen't work at all, and I am the last
>one in the world who does know about it?

In the help file it indicates that this value is used for drawing fonts and
then explicitly tells you not to change this value.

Douglas P. Webb                    | Life is a Game
CETAC Technologies Inc.            | The object of which is . . .
dw...@cetac.com    402-733-2829    | To find out the Object of the Game
Views expressed here are mine and do NOT reflect CETAC company policy.

Other Threads