ORA-01041: internal error. (Delphi 5)

We are using Delphi 5, the most recent BDE (5.1.1) and Oracle
Client 8.0.5 to access Oracle Server 8.0.5 in an UNIX based server.
Everything is fine but sometimes our applications cannot establish a
connection to the Oracle Server, the error message is:

ORA-01041: internal error. HOSTDEF extension does not exist

This apply only sometimes.

Through SQL Plus this error does not happen.

Any idea ? Any suggestions or help greatly appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re:ORA-01041: internal error. (Delphi 5)

We are using Delphi 5, the most recent BDE (5.1.1) and Oracle
Client 8.0.5 to access Oracle Server 8.0.5 in an UNIX based server.
Everything is fine but sometimes our applications cannot establish a
connection to the Oracle Server, the error message is:

ORA-01041: internal error. HOSTDEF extension does not exist

This apply only sometimes.

Through SQL Plus this error does not happen.

Any idea ? Any suggestions or help greatly appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Other Threads