TAccessReport - Class not registered???

I understand from research that something is amiss with the Servers
Palette in Delphi 5. How do I get TAccessReport to work?

1. What do I have to remove/rebuild/install to get the right GUIDs to
work?
2. Will this guarantee it will work on the customers machine?
3. Is there a "safe" way to preview an access report from a Delphi5
program? (As I can't get QuickReports to reliably work)
4. Where is the documentation for all this stuff?

  --Mike--

Re:TAccessReport - Class not registered???

The Server components in D5 are simple wrappers around the Office server
objects. The definitive docs for the Office components can be found in the
VBA help files that accompany each Office product. You should be able to
find the help files in your Office installation directory or on the Office
CD.

Server components are normally compiled using a specific version of Office.
The default ones in D5 are probably based on Office 97. So they should work
if Office 97 is installed correctly.

You might want to visit Deborah Pate's site for examples on Office
automation.

have fun
--
Binh Ly
Need help on COM development?

Mike Warot <mwa...@21stcentury.net> wrote in message

> I understand from research that something is amiss with the Servers
> Palette in Delphi 5. How do I get TAccessReport to work?

> 1. What do I have to remove/rebuild/install to get the right GUIDs to
> work?
> 2. Will this guarantee it will work on the customers machine?
> 3. Is there a "safe" way to preview an access report from a Delphi5
> program? (As I can't get QuickReports to reliably work)
> 4. Where is the documentation for all this stuff?

>   --Mike--

Re:TAccessReport - Class not registered???

<<Mike Warot:
I understand from research that something is amiss with the Servers
Palette in Delphi 5. How do I get TAccessReport to work?

What is amiss?

You can see code to start Access on my website,
http://www.djpate.freeserve.co.uk/Automation.htm
I haven't yet done a D5 Access example, sorry, but
here's a snippet to show how to use the TAccessReport
component:
  DoCmd1.ConnectTo(Access.DoCmd);
  DoCmd1.OpenReport('Sales by Year', acViewPreview, emptyParam,
emptyParam);
  AccessReport1.ConnectTo(Access.Reports['Sales by Year']);
  AccessReport1.Caption := 'Annual sales - from bad to worse';

Deborah Pate

Other Threads