Altering triggers under 98 & 2000

Is there a known problem with altering triggers under Windows 2000?  I can
alter a trigger on a Win98 machine, however, on a Win2K machine the alter
fails - I have to do a drop then a create?  Any ideas?

Regards

Steve

Re:Altering triggers under 98 & 2000

Hi,

what are you trying to do? What is the error message you're getting?

--
Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions

InterBase Workbench
The developer tool for InterBase & Firebird
http://www.interbaseworkbench.com

On 25-5-2001, 2:59:25, "Steve Harper" <steve.har...@integrity-software.net>
wrote regarding Altering triggers under 98 & 2000:

> Is there a known problem with altering triggers under Windows 2000?  I
can
> alter a trigger on a Win98 machine, however, on a Win2K machine the alter
> fails - I have to do a drop then a create?  Any ideas?
> Regards
> Steve

Re:Altering triggers under 98 & 2000

The error I tend to get refers to an unknown column?

Any ideas?

Re:Altering triggers under 98 & 2000

I would be interested in seeing the solution here also. It happens
occasionally on NT as well. I have got into the habit of dropping triggers
and recreating instead of altering them, especially when I'm working on a
number of triggers in the same script. Failures are all too common.

Steve Harper <steve.har...@integrity-software.net> wrote in message

> Is there a known problem with altering triggers under Windows 2000?  I can
> alter a trigger on a Win98 machine, however, on a Win2K machine the alter
> fails - I have to do a drop then a create?  Any ideas?

> Regards

> Steve

Re:Altering triggers under 98 & 2000

How about showing the source - we run InterBase at Win2000 without
problems...

--
Martijn Tonies
InterBase Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase and Firebird
http://www.interbaseworkbench.com

Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

"This is an object-oriented system.
If we change anything, the users object."

> The error I tend to get refers to an unknown column?

> Any ideas?

Other Threads