Why TSimpledataset findKey work and don't work

Hi there again.

I've several TSimpleDataSets in my app that I upgrading from D5/ora 8.04
to D7/ora 9.2. In one table I have a primary key with two fields
(varchar2 and numeric(3,0) ) and find key works just fine. In another
table the primary key has one field only (varchar2) and find key behaves
very oddly, that is, it states that the record was found but the key
field hasn't the correct value.

I'm using TSimpleDataSet since the oracle database are installed at same
machine where the client app is running, so don't think I need a three
tier architecture.

Any ideas ???

TIA

Re:Why TSimpledataset findKey work and don't work

You will have much more control over your ap if you use seperate controls.

--
Thomas Miller
BSS Accounting & Distribution Software

http://www.bss-software.com

Thomas Miller wrote:
> You will have much more control over your ap if you use seperate controls.

Ok,I surrender. Now I'm seeing another annoying error: In my app I've a
form that has several descendants. In the ancestor form I put one
TSimpleDataSet and configured it's Connection for my main data module
TSQLConnection. When I try to expand the ancestor TSimpleDataSet into
the descendant forms I get a AV error at 40005A06 in rtl70.bpl.
ARRRRGGGHHHH...

Thomas Miller wrote:
> You will have much more control over your ap if you use seperate controls.

I'll try with other tables since the ones I already converted to queries
are working, but I fear that adding another component will not solve
driver bugs\problems nor any kind of internationalization questions. BTW
I'll take a look at the quality central reports to became update with
what is going wrong :-) At least I'll know if I have some chance...

Other Threads