Setting scrollbar width via Delphi code

In the Appearance tab of the Win95 desktop properties it is possible to
globally change the width of all displayed scrollbars. Is it possible to
do this for individual Delphi (V5.01) components? I would like to use a
thin scrollbar on a TStringGrid component without affecting the width of
any other scrollbar.

All ideas appreciated.

Richard Walton.

Re:Setting scrollbar width via Delphi code

In article <39AAFB75.5A2E3...@au1.ibm.com.removethistosendemail>, Richard

Walton wrote:
> In the Appearance tab of the Win95 desktop properties it is possible to
> globally change the width of all displayed scrollbars. Is it possible to
> do this for individual Delphi (V5.01) components? I would like to use a
> thin scrollbar on a TStringGrid component without affecting the width of
> any other scrollbar.

Richard,

as far as i know you cannot change the scrollbar width for a single control
only, unless you draw it yourself.

Re:Setting scrollbar width via Delphi code

But it's possible for a TScrollBox which uses TControlScrollBars! After a
short look: it's done with FlatSB_SetScrollProp. For this to work you would
have to use Flat scrollbars which are provided by ComCtrl32 (v 4.71 and
above). For how this can be done look at the sources of TScrollBox or go to
MSDN...

HTH

--
Sebastian Modersohn
ChoosePill components

"Peter Below (TeamB)" <100113.1...@compuXXserve.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> In article <39AAFB75.5A2E3...@au1.ibm.com.removethistosendemail>, Richard
> Walton wrote:
> > In the Appearance tab of the Win95 desktop properties it is possible to
> > globally change the width of all displayed scrollbars. Is it possible to
> > do this for individual Delphi (V5.01) components? I would like to use a
> > thin scrollbar on a TStringGrid component without affecting the width of
> > any other scrollbar.

> Richard,

> as far as i know you cannot change the scrollbar width for a single
control
> only, unless you draw it yourself.

> No e-mail responses, please, unless explicitly requested!

Other Threads