How to use Animated GIFs in Delphi???

The latest version of RXLIB (see http://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/delphi/ ).  It
has a control that does Animated GIFS.

JD wrote in message <01bd674a$257e0aa0$f1f651ce@jdlink>...
>Does anyone know how to use an animated Gif in a Delphi program?

>I figured I could use the browser capability in Delphi 3 to look at an
>animated GIF
>locally but I haven't got it to work.

>Thanks,

Re:How to use Animated GIFs in Delphi???

Russ Reese wrote in message <6gulvt$...@faile.nidlink.com>...
>The latest version of RXLIB (see http://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/delphi/ ).  It
>has a control that does Animated GIFS.

And it's probably illegal to use it in the States - Unisys has a patent on
the LZW algorithm used to compress GIFs.

Mark

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Marcel Popescu wrote:

> Russ Reese wrote in message <6gulvt$...@faile.nidlink.com>...
> >The latest version of RXLIB (see http://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/delphi/ ).  It
> >has a control that does Animated GIFS.

> And it's probably illegal to use it in the States - Unisys has a patent on
> the LZW algorithm used to compress GIFs.

Is it only illegal to use in the States? How about Europe? Is it only a
US-patent, or is it worldwide?

             Michael Vittrup
           BabyF...@kom.auc.dk
http://www.kom.auc.dk/~babyford/4RFS.html

                 Sped up my Pentium... ran it on 200 MHz... Works gre?"|?_

Re:How to use Animated GIFs in Delphi???

  If you ask UniSys, it's universal....   If you look at an animated gif,
they want money for it....   ---  I'd use an avi instead....

--
Jason Wallace
SL Software

Michael Vittrup wrote in message ...
On Tue, 14 Apr 1998, Marcel Popescu wrote:

+AD4-
+AD4- Russ Reese wrote in message +ADw-6gulvt+ACQ-ni2+AEA-faile.nidlink.com+AD4-...

+AD4- +AD4-The latest version of RXLIB (see http://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/delphi/ ).  It
+AD4- +AD4-has a control that does Animated GIFS.
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4- And it's probably illegal to use it in the States - Unisys has a patent on
+AD4- the LZW algorithm used to compress GIFs.

Is it only illegal to use in the States? How about Europe? Is it only a
US-patent, or is it worldwide?

             Michael Vittrup
           BabyFord+AEA-kom.auc.dk
http://www.kom.auc.dk/+AH4-babyford/4RFS.html

                 Sped up my Pentium... ran it on 200 MHz... Works gre+AOMAIgB8APUAXw-

JD wrote:

> Does anyone know how to use an animated Gif in a Delphi program?

> I figured I could use the browser capability in Delphi 3 to look at an
> animated GIF
> locally but I haven't got it to work.

> Thanks,

try

http://www.melander.dk

for a TGIFImage component...
Michael

Re:How to use Animated GIFs in Delphi???

In article <3533787...@news.greatbasin.net>, Jason Wallace <DarkElf@SLSo
ftware.reno.nv.us> wrote

>  If you ask UniSys, it's universal....   If you look at an animated gif,
>they want money for it....   ---  I'd use an avi instead....

A statement from UNISYS can be found at:

http://www.melander.dk/lib/fileformat/graphics/gif/patent/unisys_stateme
nt.txt

In part, the statement says:

"Unisys does not require licensing, or fees to be paid, for non-
commercial, non-profit GIF-based applications, including those for use
on the on-line services."

--
Gary Jones (Replace "zappa" with "demon" in e-mail address)
PGP public keys available from servers

Re:How to use Animated GIFs in Delphi???

You can make a multi-image picture in Resource Workshop
if you have it and then use a timer on a form to do a CopyRect
function to switch each image into a TImage component.
Do it by hand, don't buy it! it's more fun!

Hope this helps
--
Jeff @ AutoPro Software UK

JD wrote:

> Does anyone know how to use an animated Gif in a Delphi program?

> I figured I could use the browser capability in Delphi 3 to look at an
> animated GIF locally but I haven't got it to work.

Hi,
Take a look at: http://members.gem.co.za/~theodor/delphi.html
He has a free component, or his source is $50.
jack
--
            Come see us at AIIM - Hall C, Booth 1480
  Try JPEG Optimization live at http://www.jpg.com/jpeg-wizard.html