DELPHI 2.0 - DataBase CONNECTION with SQL Server

I would like to know how to make only one connection with SQL Server,
because when i make my DataModule i insert an Database component for
etablish an connection with SQL Server and after that i insert Table
component and this etablish an other connection with the SQL Server, and
more i insert Table component more i have connection to the SQL Server.
I don't want to have more than one active connection for my
Application.  There is a solution for this problem? there a funtion on
delphi that to make it possible

P.S.: Sorry for my english!

Eric Beaulieu
CSA Recherche Ltee
Quebec
eric.beaul...@silverrun.com
http://www.silverrun.com

Re:DELPHI 2.0 - DataBase CONNECTION with SQL Server

On Wed, 07 May 1997 11:22:03 -0400, Eric Beaulieu

<eric.beaul...@silverrun.com> wrote:
>I would like to know how to make only one connection with SQL Server,
>because when i make my DataModule i insert an Database component for
>etablish an connection with SQL Server and after that i insert Table
>component and this etablish an other connection with the SQL Server, and
>more i insert Table component more i have connection to the SQL Server.
>I don't want to have more than one active connection for my
>Application.  There is a solution for this problem? there a funtion on
>delphi that to make it possible

>P.S.: Sorry for my english!

>Eric Beaulieu
>CSA Recherche Ltee
>Quebec
>eric.beaul...@silverrun.com
>http://www.silverrun.com

I ran into similar problems with ODBC and native link.
It becomes particullarly irritating with hundreds of open tables.
I don't have any good response but keep as few tables open as possible
and use tqueries as much as possible.
Oracle does not have this problem.

David Griffis
www.teleprompt.com

Re:DELPHI 2.0 - DataBase CONNECTION with SQL Server

> >I would like to know how to make only one connection with SQL Server,
> >because when i make my DataModule i insert an Database component for
> >etablish an connection with SQL Server and after that i insert Table
> >component and this etablish an other connection with the SQL Server, and
> >more i insert Table component more i have connection to the SQL Server.
> >I don't want to have more than one active connection for my
> >Application.  There is a solution for this problem? there a funtion on
> >delphi that to make it possible

Eric,
This issue is with SQL Server and the way that it handles
multiple sessions from the same PC/User, it creates a separate
session for each connection, rather than like Oracle where
the session management is handled by the developer.

If Mike Destein is watching out I am sure he can give
a suitable technical description of the problem<g>

--
Euan Garden
BusinessMetrics? Development Team

Email: e...@valstar.co.uk