mouse driver for dos?!?

Hi

I'm using the VESA Grafx1.4 units in my program, but the mouse can't
iniltilize if there isn't a mouse driver loaded.....

can i make a unit that loads a standard mouse on...lets say COM1????

Thomas

Re:mouse driver for dos?!?

Hi

I'm using the VESA Grafx1.4 units in my program, but the mouse can't
iniltilize if there isn't a mouse driver loaded.....

can i make a unit that loads a standard mouse on...lets say COM1????

Thomas

Re:mouse driver for dos?!?

Hello!

>I'm using the VESA Grafx1.4 units in my program, but the mouse can't
>iniltilize if there isn't a mouse driver loaded.....

It's very difficult to make a unit which works with EVERY
kind of mouse without any mousedriver. I have not that much
experience concerning that type of hardware programming.
The mice difference in very much characteristics. So I can
initialize almost all (newer) Logitech mice but almost none
original MS mouse. Seems like the copies follow more the
standard than their example ;)

>can i make a unit that loads a standard mouse on...
>lets say COM1????

I doubt that you get anywhere good documentation about
direct mouse access. I've searched alot in the internet,
but never found ANYTHING. Good luck ;). You could instead
contact me and help me to get your mouse working with
my unit.

Bye,
Stefan
---
please remove the P in my email-adress to answer me
take a look @ my homepage: http://sourcenet.home.pages.de/

Re:mouse driver for dos?!?

> I'm using the VESA Grafx1.4 units in my program, but the mouse can't
> iniltilize if there isn't a mouse driver loaded.....

> can i make a unit that loads a standard mouse on...lets say COM1????

IMHO if your program requires a mouse, you have to instruct the user to load a
mouse driver, then stop. Loading a TSR program from another is not so easy, and
what will you do if the user doen't have a mouse?

Andras

Re:mouse driver for dos?!?

>> I'm using the VESA Grafx1.4 units in my program, but the mouse can't
>> iniltilize if there isn't a mouse driver loaded.....

>> can i make a unit that loads a standard mouse on...lets say COM1????

>IMHO if your program requires a mouse, you have to instruct the user to
load a
>mouse driver, then stop. Loading a TSR program from another is not so easy,
and
>what will you do if the user doen't have a mouse?

As the mouse unit of GrafX1.4x is able to use the mouse in alot of
cases without driver, it first tries to find a mouse at the com
ports before it really stops the prog. In his case, this detection
didn't work. There's unfortunately no documentation about how to
access the mouse, so it's not very easy to get my unit working
with EVERY kind of mouse.

Bye,
Stefan
---
please remove the P in my email-adress to answer me
take a look @ my homepage: http://sourcenet.home.pages.de/

Other Threads