Registry security problem

Hi
    I have a problem writing to a registry key while not logged in as
Administrator. I have checked the rights using RegEdt32 and the key gives
Read value, Write Value, Delete, create subkey + others to everyone. However
when I try to add a new string value to an existing key using my Delphi app
it fails. If I try to do the same thing with Regedit it works fine! - Any
ideas?

Thanks in advance

Paul Harrington

Re:Registry security problem

Use a TRegistry class instead TRegIni which have a bug.
Or use API functions.

--
With best regards, Mike Shkolnik.
FIDO: 2:463/106.14

Paul Harrington D??? ???Y?? <7pu82b$jf...@news9-gui.server.ntli.net>

>Hi
>    I have a problem writing to a registry key while not logged in as
>Administrator. I have checked the rights using RegEdt32 and the key gives
>Read value, Write Value, Delete, create subkey + others to everyone.
However
>when I try to add a new string value to an existing key using my Delphi app
>it fails. If I try to do the same thing with Regedit it works fine! - Any
>ideas?

>Thanks in advance

>Paul Harrington

Other Threads