VB DOEVENTS()>>>Port to Delphi 2.0>>>?

How do I Convert the VB's DoEvents() to Delphi 32Bit?
I have been trying to find a way to loop
through a  very large iteration count while still using
my app. Basically when I run this app the loop is
so intense it seems to halt.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks, Andy.

Re:VB DOEVENTS()>>>Port to Delphi 2.0>>>?

In article <4ji3g8$...@apocalypse.dmi.stevens-tech.edu>, abrun...@attila.stevens-tech.edu (Andy Brunner) wrote:

>How do I Convert the VB's DoEvents() to Delphi 32Bit?
>I have been trying to find a way to loop
>through a  very large iteration count while still using
>my app. Basically when I run this app the loop is
>so intense it seems to halt.

>Any help would be greatly appreciated,

>Thanks, Andy.

        Hi Andy, (Just Kidding :)

Well to those who are are still interested in this FIX or Solution It
was

 Application.ProcessMessages

It was in the HelpFile ;)

Re:VB DOEVENTS()>>>Port to Delphi 2.0>>>?

On Sat, 30 Mar 96 01:37:08 GMT, abrun...@attila.stevens-tech.edu (Andy

Brunner) wrote:
>How do I Convert the VB's DoEvents() to Delphi 32Bit?
>I have been trying to find a way to loop
>through a  very large iteration count while still using
>my app. Basically when I run this app the loop is
>so intense it seems to halt.

>Any help would be greatly appreciated,

>Thanks, Andy.

Application.ProcessMessages will do the trick.

Brien King
bk...@primenet.com

abrun...@attila.stevens-tech.edu (Andy Brunner) writes:
> How do I Convert the VB's DoEvents() to Delphi 32Bit?
> I have been trying to find a way to loop
> through a  very large iteration count while still using
> my app. Basically when I run this app the loop is
> so intense it seems to halt.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated,

> Thanks, Andy.

Delphi's equivilant to VB's DoEvent is:
    Application.ProcessMessage;
Or just plain
    ProcessMessage;

John Sylvestre

In article <315d07ee.3778707@news> bk...@primenet.com (Brien King) writes:
>>How do I Convert the VB's DoEvents() to Delphi 32Bit?
>>I have been trying to find a way to loop
>>through a  very large iteration count while still using
>>my app. Basically when I run this app the loop is
>>so intense it seems to halt.

>>Any help would be greatly appreciated,

>>Thanks, Andy.
>Application.ProcessMessages will do the trick.

What I use:

        procedure doEvents;
        begin
           if application.Terminated then abort;
           application.ProcessMessages;
           if application.Terminated then abort;
        end;

The proc is slightly obscure but if you read both on-line help topics it
should become more apparent why it's written the way that it is.  Works,
anyway. :-)

/mr/

Re:VB DOEVENTS()>>>Port to Delphi 2.0>>>?

abrun...@attila.stevens-tech.edu (Andy Brunner) wrote:
>How do I Convert the VB's DoEvents() to Delphi 32Bit?
>I have been trying to find a way to loop
>through a  very large iteration count while still using
>my app. Basically when I run this app the loop is
>so intense it seems to halt.
>Any help would be greatly appreciated,
>Thanks, Andy.

 Just insert 'Application.ProcessMessages' in your loop. Doesn't take
much time and works really well.

Other Threads