Using columns in list boxes - newbie asks is it possible

I want to tab string data in a list box.

For example:

NAME       ADDRESS       PHONE
Fred    PO Box 1         434 3334
Tom     PO Box 2              435 3335

It would be nice if I could input the data like this:

Address.items.add('NAME'#9'ADDRESS'#9'PHONE');

It can be done padding spaces but you have to use a fixed font.  Proportional
fonts dont work.

Any suggestions of other means of achieving the same thing will be welcome.

I also want to make use of the sorted method when loading data into the list
box.

Thanks for your help

Re:Using columns in list boxes - newbie asks is it possible

In article <71q32q$3d...@news.IAEhv.nl>, "Oostra" <goos...@IAEhv.nl> writes:
>I've installed my program on an other computer. With a Dutch version of
>Windows 95, in dutch the decimalSeparator is an    ,     , and not a point.

>So I've put this in the MainForm.Create;
>Application.UpdateFormatSettings:=False;
>DecimalSeparator:='.';

>I've mailed the program to them, and they said they still had the error
>(something like 0.5 is not a valid number).

>What have I done wrong?
>The wan't a program that works and I want to finish the program.

Should work alright - although the UpdateFormatSettings := false protects you
against a user altering the Control Panel regional settings during the time
your program is running and hence invalidating your setting of a full stop - a
bit unlikely.

Try changing your own computer setting of Decimal Separator (in Control Panel |
Regional Settings | Numbers) to a comma and see what you get - may help you
solve it.

Alan Lloyd
alangll...@aol.com

Re:Using columns in list boxes - newbie asks is it possible

Look in

        http://www.gnomehome.demon.nl/uddf/

for the FAQs about TListBox.

        Michael Burton
        AMS Services, Inc.
        Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998 20:16:10 +1200, j.enri...@es.co.nz (j a enright)
wrote:

>I want to tab string data in a list box.

Other Threads