componet to convert ( RTF to HTML ) and so ( HTML to RTF )

dear all,

Now,  I want to make a program for convert a RTF file to HTML and so HTML to
RTF
anybody know what component that I can used for that...

Heyye

Re:componet to convert ( RTF to HTML ) and so ( HTML to RTF )

"Heyye" <he...@dnet.net.id> wrote in news:3bb96b4d_2@dnews:

> dear all,

> Now,  I want to make a program for convert a RTF file to HTML and so
> HTML to RTF
> anybody know what component that I can used for that...

> Heyye

Three choices:

1. TRichView (http://www.trichview.com)- $99- Includes Delphi source code

TRichView can convert RTF to HTML and author will have HTML to RTF sometime
this year. HTML output is very impressive.
2. WPTools (http://www.wptools.com) - $199- Includes 80% source code

WPTools can convert RTF to HTML and vice vera. HTML output is somewhat
disappointing, but it works.

3. Word OLE Automation

Word gives reasonable HTML output and can load HTML and then save as RTF.
Word is not speed demon and requires Word on any machine that will run your
software.

--
Best Regards

Keith Blows

              ###
             (o o)
---------oOO--(_)--OOo------------

(Please note address is for spammers. Please reply here unless otherwise
specified.)

Re:componet to convert ( RTF to HTML ) and so ( HTML to RTF )

KB <keithb(at)eta(dot)co(dot)za> wrote in

>> Now,  I want to make a program for convert a RTF file to HTML and so
>> HTML to RTF
>> anybody know what component that I can used for that...

Search for "Scrooge". Been using it for years and it works great.

--
Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) - http://www.pbe.com/Kudzu/
Current Location: St. Petersburg, Russia

Re:componet to convert ( RTF to HTML ) and so ( HTML to RTF )

"Kudzu - Team Indy" <chad...@pbe.com> wrote in

> KB <keithb(at)eta(dot)co(dot)za> wrote in
>>> Now,  I want to make a program for convert a RTF file to HTML and so
>>> HTML to RTF
>>> anybody know what component that I can used for that...

> Search for "Scrooge". Been using it for years and it works great.

Only works for converting RTF to HTML and only supports standard Windows RTF
controls. For more information:

http://www55.pair.com/betasoft/scrooge/index.html

Seems a bit pricey for what it does. Go here for more RTF conversion
products:

http://www.w3.org/Tools/Word_proc_filters.html

SCROOGE INFO:

Feature list
Scrooge supports

bold, underlined, strike-through and italic text
unnumbered lists (not nested)
text alignment (left, right, justified, centered)
font size, font face and font color
sub/superscripted text
specials: templates, plain text export, embedded HTML
ISO 8859-1 character set
RichEdit and DBRichEdit

Conversion method and quality
Do not expect too much!Scrooge has been designed to be fast and simple, but
it does not generate very clean HTML code. It may create unclosed tags, and
sometimes even uses a wrong tag order. There is no guarantee that the HTML
code will pass a HTML validation check. The HTML code depends on the
RichEdit control, which in turn uses the "Richtext common control" of the
operating system. This dependency means, that each new version of Windows
may cause unexpected changes in the conversion results of Scrooge!

Compiler and operating system version
The current version has been developed with Delphi 4 Standard on a Windows
98 system. Users of the registered version are working with all other
Windows versions, some of them have reported minor problems with Windows
2000 (see "Known Problems" for details).

Updates and bug fixes
Scrooge will be updated from time to time, and registered users will always
receive the new version including source code free of charge. But the
growing number of Windows version makes it impossible to test this component
in all environments. In addition, there is no guarantee that new versions
(updates or bug fixes) will be released.

--
Best Regards

Keith Blows

              ###
             (o o)
---------oOO--(_)--OOo------------

(Please note address is for spammers. Please reply here unless otherwise
specified.)

Re:componet to convert ( RTF to HTML ) and so ( HTML to RTF )

Kieth,

Do you have a good reference for this? I've used Word automation and can
create a document object in D5, but how do you get the HTML text into the
document (the HTML is in a var and I didn't want to save it to a temp file)?
I would appreciate a quick tip.

James

"James Callahan" <jcalla...@bitbucket.com> wrote in

> Kieth,

> Do you have a good reference for this? I've used Word automation and
> can create a document object in D5, but how do you get the HTML text
> into the document (the HTML is in a var and I didn't want to save it to
> a temp file)? I would appreciate a quick tip.

AFAIK it must be saved to a temporary file or you could try using the
clipboard- something I'm not familiar with- Deborah is the pro on OLE
automation (see the OLE Automation newsgroup for help with this).

--
Best Regards

Keith Blows

              ###
             (o o)

(Please note address is for spammers. Please reply here unless otherwise
specified.)

Other Threads