All records where deleted!!!(sql server 7)

Hello!

I have a serious problem, once in a while one of the tables I have it sufers
a problem. All records go away. And I don't know where is the problem.
I tried with the log file, I changed it to "Not grows automatically" and
when it growed I had problems.
How can I automatically reduce it every day and don't have this problem?

But the serious one is the fact that my records went away.
Please If anyone know about this I'll appreciate very much. I leave you my
email for private chats (If you want)

Pablo Bulacio
Argentina
pablonbula...@hotmail.com

Re:All records where deleted!!!(sql server 7)

Didn't you know there was/is a SQL server virus out there?
Pablo Bulacio wrote:
> Hello!

> I have a serious problem, once in a while one of the tables I have it sufers
> a problem. All records go away. And I don't know where is the problem.
> I tried with the log file, I changed it to "Not grows automatically" and
> when it growed I had problems.
> How can I automatically reduce it every day and don't have this problem?

> But the serious one is the fact that my records went away.
> Please If anyone know about this I'll appreciate very much. I leave you my
> email for private chats (If you want)

> Pablo Bulacio
> Argentina
> pablonbula...@hotmail.com

Re:All records where deleted!!!(sql server 7)

Pablo,

  See Books Online about raising errors,  put that code in the Delete
trigger for the table and wait for the phone call :)

<delete trigger for your table>
RAISERROR ('You just won a lot of money, call 555-1234 to learn more.', 16,
1)
ROLLBACK TRANSACTION

Good luck,
krf

"Pablo Bulacio" <pablonbula...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hello!

> I have a serious problem, once in a while one of the tables I have it
sufers
> a problem. All records go away. And I don't know where is the problem.
> I tried with the log file, I changed it to "Not grows automatically" and
> when it growed I had problems.
> How can I automatically reduce it every day and don't have this problem?

> But the serious one is the fact that my records went away.
> Please If anyone know about this I'll appreciate very much. I leave you my
> email for private chats (If you want)

> Pablo Bulacio
> Argentina
> pablonbula...@hotmail.com

Re:All records where deleted!!!(sql server 7)

If he does normally does deletes on that table, then he will get alot of
phone calls.

Bob

"Kevin Frevert" <kfrevert@workdrinkingcoffeedotcom> wrote in message

> Pablo,

>   See Books Online about raising errors,  put that code in the Delete
> trigger for the table and wait for the phone call :)

> <delete trigger for your table>
> RAISERROR ('You just won a lot of money, call 555-1234 to learn more.',
16,
> 1)
> ROLLBACK TRANSACTION

> Good luck,
> krf

> "Pablo Bulacio" <pablonbula...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello!

> > I have a serious problem, once in a while one of the tables I have it
> sufers
> > a problem. All records go away. And I don't know where is the problem.
> > I tried with the log file, I changed it to "Not grows automatically" and
> > when it growed I had problems.
> > How can I automatically reduce it every day and don't have this problem?

> > But the serious one is the fact that my records went away.
> > Please If anyone know about this I'll appreciate very much. I leave you
my
> > email for private chats (If you want)

> > Pablo Bulacio
> > Argentina
> > pablonbula...@hotmail.com

Re:All records where deleted!!!(sql server 7)

Kevin:

Thanks for your quick answer, but I think I didn't explain myself clear.
I don't have a procedure that deletes the table, it's a table that I only do
inserts and suddenly everything is gone.
And my application is huge, it'll be impossible to put flags everywhere to
know we this happend.
It will be very usefull to know what happend, eg, in a table of events where
every events is logged.
Thanks again.

Pablo

"Kevin Frevert" <kfrevert@workdrinkingcoffeedotcom> escribi en el mensaje

> Pablo,

>   See Books Online about raising errors,  put that code in the Delete
> trigger for the table and wait for the phone call :)

> <delete trigger for your table>
> RAISERROR ('You just won a lot of money, call 555-1234 to learn more.',
16,
> 1)
> ROLLBACK TRANSACTION

> Good luck,
> krf

> "Pablo Bulacio" <pablonbula...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello!

> > I have a serious problem, once in a while one of the tables I have it
> sufers
> > a problem. All records go away. And I don't know where is the problem.
> > I tried with the log file, I changed it to "Not grows automatically" and
> > when it growed I had problems.
> > How can I automatically reduce it every day and don't have this problem?

> > But the serious one is the fact that my records went away.
> > Please If anyone know about this I'll appreciate very much. I leave you
my
> > email for private chats (If you want)

> > Pablo Bulacio
> > Argentina
> > pablonbula...@hotmail.com

Re:All records where deleted!!!(sql server 7)

Pablo,

  That is what triggers are for.  Put something in the table's Delete
trigger (nothing to do with Delphi and again, check out MSSQL's Books
Online) to notify you, the user, anybody, that data is being deleted.

> Kevin:

> Thanks for your quick answer, but I think I didn't explain myself clear.
> I don't have a procedure that deletes the table, it's a table that I only
do
> inserts and suddenly everything is gone.
> And my application is huge, it'll be impossible to put flags everywhere to
> know we this happend.
> It will be very usefull to know what happend, eg, in a table of events
where
> every events is logged.
> Thanks again.

> Pablo