access to MS ACCESS / MS SQL without BDE?

Hi:

I am just wondering if i can connect to MS ACCESS or MS SQL
without BDE?  I am a newbie of Delphi/database...

I am not sure if ADO is a way to go, but actually, I am going to
write a ISAPI.DLL, and upload to my hosting server (I can not
install BDE on my hosting company's web server), cause I am
not sure how to write such a DLL by Delphi/C++ Builder which
can connect to these RDMS without install any other module on
my hosting company's web server.

Thanks in advance!

-Tom

Re:access to MS ACCESS / MS SQL without BDE?

Since MS is pushing everyone using those two DB's towards ADO you might as well
not fight it.  If you have D5 ADOExpress gives you fairly easy ADO access
without the BDE.  There are also several other ADO third party solutions out
there.

as for ISAPI work you might want to ask your questions about htat in the
delphi.internet group since that is one of hte topics appropriate for that
group.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
If there is somebody up there could they throw me down a line.  Just a

Other Threads