Keywords as column names

I want to use the keywords MESSAGE, PARAMETER and ACTION as column names.
This does not appear to be possible, and is preventing us from offering
Interbase as an option to customers who will otherwise have to use Oracle or
SQLServer. Changing the schema to modify existing columns with these names
is possible, but extremely difficult when considering our existing
customer-base and the range of applications which use this database.

Any thoughts welcome...

Re:Keywords as column names

If you are using IB6 and your database is dialect 3, you can name the fields
as you like if you quote them when creating the table, i.e.

create table TEST(
"MESSAGE"        Integer,
"PARAMETER"    Integer,
"This is also valid"    Integer
);

HTH,

Jorge

"David Fallas" <dav...@delphic.co.nz> escribi en el mensaje

> I want to use the keywords MESSAGE, PARAMETER and ACTION as column names.

Other Threads