Delphi Outlook Bar Component Source (sbardem.zip)

I did not see anywhere that the outlook bar visual component demo
that I downloaded requested registration, and the help file looks
just like the built in delphi component help files.

Therefore, I assume that it was written by Borland employees for
inclusion into a future version of Delphi.

My question is:  Can delphi professional and client server users get
the VCL Source for this component yet or do we have to wait until
it's rolled out as part of the next version of delphi?

Warren

Re:Delphi Outlook Bar Component Source (sbardem.zip)

Your conclusion that the outlook (?) component was written by Borland is
solely based on the fact that the help looks like the Borland help. I think
the real maker of this component just did a great job. I see no reason why
Borland would sell there newest components first before including them into
Delphi. The real programmer is missing some of the credit for his component.

Rick

Rick Beerendonk wrote in message <6gvkbj$3...@forums.borland.com>...
>Your conclusion that the outlook (?) component was written by Borland is
>solely based on the fact that the help looks like the Borland help. I think
>the real maker of this component just did a great job. I see no reason why
>Borland would sell there newest components first before including them into
>Delphi. The real programmer is missing some of the credit for his
component.

So Who Wrote it then?  There's nothing in sbardem.zip to indicate who wrote
it,
or that anyone wants any money for it!  I'll buy it, if someone will stand
up and
own it, and has the source code to prove it.

In article <6gvuqt$3...@forums.borland.com>, Warren Postma
<wpos...@REMOVEjulian.uwo.ca> writes

>So Who Wrote it then?  There's nothing in sbardem.zip to indicate who wrote
>it,
>or that anyone wants any money for it!  I'll buy it, if someone will stand
>up and
>own it, and has the source code to prove it.

>Warren

Warren

I just downloaded something called sbardem.zip from Compuserve. It came
with full information on ordering etc. I will email you with the
ordering.rtf file. According to the blurb the chap to contact is
Adri...@compuserve.com and if you wish to order the source/register you
can do so via several ways. The price listed was $39.

Hope this helps
Mark

Re:Delphi Outlook Bar Component Source (sbardem.zip)

check out this:
http://www.shareit.com/programs/100874.htm

Joachim Meyer (J...@basys-bremen.de)
BASYS EDV-Systeme GmbH

Warren Postma wrote in message <6gtdh0$1...@forums.borland.com>...
>I did not see anywhere that the outlook bar visual component demo
>that I downloaded requested registration, and the help file looks
>just like the built in delphi component help files.

Where did you download it and does it have a Borland copyright?  If it did
not come from their web site and does not have a Borland copyright, it's
very unlikely that it's their work.

Re:Delphi Outlook Bar Component Source (sbardem.zip)

In article <6h29nc$5k...@forums.borland.com>, "Scott Samet [TeamB]"
<ssa...@spam.me.not> writes

>Warren Postma wrote in message <6gtdh0$1...@forums.borland.com>...

>>I did not see anywhere that the outlook bar visual component demo
>>that I downloaded requested registration, and the help file looks
>>just like the built in delphi component help files.

>Where did you download it and does it have a Borland copyright?  If it did
>not come from their web site and does not have a Borland copyright, it's
>very unlikely that it's their work.

Just so everyone that's looking into this thread is aware. The component
which comes with sbardemo.zip (outlook style side bar component) was
written by Adrian Youlden (Adri...@compuserve.com), according to the
information along with the file I obtained from the Delphi 32 forum on
Compuserve. He does not state in any way that he is affiliated with
Borland. I cannot speak for Warren's copy of this demo file. But the one
I downloaded details registration information in a support file
(ordering.rtf) which is also displayed in the demo application and the
help file supplied. This file lists two internet (PSL and ShareIT) and
the SWREG system on Compuserve as possible places for registration.

Mark

Re:Delphi Outlook Bar Component Source (sbardem.zip)

Scott,

look at http://www.shareit.com/programs/100874.htm

Joachim Meyer (J...@basys-bremen.de)
BASYS EDV-Systeme GmbH