LONDON - Delphi/VB Lead Developer - Equity Risk Management System - Learn Java - Merchant Bank

My client is a major international merchant bank based in London.

Due to the unprecedented growth in the banks global equities business,
they are now extending the existing Equities Risk Management system,
and preparing to develop a completely new one.

The current system has been developed using Delphi with a Sybase
backend. The Delphi/VB application takes trading information from a
variety of sources and produces Value at Risk calculations for the
banks global equities positions. This information is then distributed
using an intranet application that is written in Java. The initial
project will be to extend the functionality of the existing Delphi
application.

The group is also concentrating on building a new Equity Risk
Management system that will be completely internet/intranet based,
making Risk information accessable to both internal and external
clients. The new system will be written in Java, with some portions of
the existing Delphi/VB system being re-written in Java.

This is an excellent opportunity for a Delphi/VB developer with some
exposure to Java, to join a high profile development project in a much
sort after business area.

You might already have financial experience or work at a Software
House; either way your skills will be highly valued.

Salary package includes 30k to 45k base + Bonus + BB's.

CONTACT:

Brian Mitchell
Senior Technical Recruiter
DTG UK Limited
Financial Markets Desk
0171-375-1700
0171-375-2060(FAX)
e-mail - bri...@dtg-uk.com

Re:LONDON - Delphi/VB Lead Developer - Equity Risk Management System - Learn Java - Merchant Bank

Financial Markets Desk wrote in message

<6i4952$kq...@eubuf21.eu.concert.net>...

>The current system has been developed using Delphi with a Sybase
>backend. The Delphi/VB application takes...

What has VB got to do with it?

>The initial
>project will be to extend the functionality of the existing Delphi
>application.

You mean you call switching from Delphi to Java "extending the
functionality"? Do you know at least a little about programming? What can
Java do that Delphi can't?

Mark

Marcel Popescu wrote:

> Financial Markets Desk wrote in message
> <6i4952$kq...@eubuf21.eu.concert.net>...
> >The current system has been developed using Delphi with a Sybase
> >backend. The Delphi/VB application takes...

> What has VB got to do with it?

> >The initial
> >project will be to extend the functionality of the existing Delphi
> >application.

> You mean you call switching from Delphi to Java "extending the
> functionality"? Do you know at least a little about programming? What can
> Java do that Delphi can't?

> Mark

Java can work on a Mac, and in OS/2... Delphi can't.

Re:LONDON - Delphi/VB Lead Developer - Equity Risk Management System - Learn Java - Merchant Bank

Is Mac's JVM written in Mac code? So if Inprise(Borland) can develop a cross
platform PC emulator on Mac that will do the same thing! Cross platform is
not that distinct!

My personal experience about the current version of Java is it is using ROM
throughout the operation, which made the system very slow. For a same applet
I can see it Flicking in Netscape4, but in N3 it seems very fine. (I am
using K233)

Chris H. wrote in message <6i7shi$l7...@gte2.gte.net>...
>Marcel Popescu wrote:

>> Financial Markets Desk wrote in message
>> <6i4952$kq...@eubuf21.eu.concert.net>...
>> >The current system has been developed using Delphi with a Sybase
>> >backend. The Delphi/VB application takes...

>> What has VB got to do with it?

>> >The initial
>> >project will be to extend the functionality of the existing Delphi
>> >application.

>> You mean you call switching from Delphi to Java "extending the
>> functionality"? Do you know at least a little about programming? What can
>> Java do that Delphi can't?

>> Mark
>Java can work on a Mac, and in OS/2... Delphi can't.

Re:LONDON - Delphi/VB Lead Developer - Equity Risk Management System - Learn Java - Merchant Bank

Is Mac's JVM written in Mac code? So if Inprise(Borland) can develop a cross
platform PC emulator on Mac that will do the same thing! Cross platform is
not that distinct!

My personal experience about the current version of Java is it is using ROM
throughout the operation, which made the system very slow. For a same applet
I can see it Flicking in Netscape4, but in N3 it seems very fine. (I am
using K233)

Chris H. wrote in message <6i7shi$l7...@gte2.gte.net>...
>Marcel Popescu wrote:

>> Financial Markets Desk wrote in message
>> <6i4952$kq...@eubuf21.eu.concert.net>...
>> >The current system has been developed using Delphi with a Sybase
>> >backend. The Delphi/VB application takes...

>> What has VB got to do with it?

>> >The initial
>> >project will be to extend the functionality of the existing Delphi
>> >application.

>> You mean you call switching from Delphi to Java "extending the
>> functionality"? Do you know at least a little about programming? What can
>> Java do that Delphi can't?

>> Mark
>Java can work on a Mac, and in OS/2... Delphi can't.

Other Threads