setup program Help?

I use  'InstallShield'  to distribute my delhi applications
via floppy disk.
I would like to distribute them via a web download also.
I could use InstallShield but would prefer to use a setup that can be
downloaded as an .exe (eg same netscape or most shareware downloads) and
just run this exe to start the install.
Does anyone know of an Install type program that will enable me to do
this?
 Steve   chalk...@onthenet.com.au

Re:setup program Help?

Steve,

I know it's not truly a set-up program, but for a very small price, you can
use WinZip 32 to zip your file and then create a self-extracting archive
out of that file using the WinZip Self-Extractor.  The self extractor set
up will let you specify what command line (program) gets run when it
extracts.

The result is that the person downloading your file gets to download and
click on one file.  Best of all, you can download both WinZip and the S.E.
for a trial and then pay later.  If you would like to see an implementation
of this method with 16-bit installs, then check out any of the demos at
http://www.irisnet.com .  These folks have some very clean products and
their internet download setup works nicely.

Good luck,

Marvin

Steve Chalker <chalk...@OnTheNet.com.au> wrote in article
<34346017.5...@OnTheNet.com.au>...

> I use  'InstallShield'  to distribute my delhi applications
> via floppy disk.
> I would like to distribute them via a web download also.
> I could use InstallShield but would prefer to use a setup that can be
> downloaded as an .exe (eg same netscape or most shareware downloads) and
> just run this exe to start the install.
> Does anyone know of an Install type program that will enable me to do
> this?
>  Steve   chalk...@onthenet.com.au

Re:setup program Help?

Hy Steve,

I think you must use the InstallShiel PRO version..which is not
distributed freely with Delphi 3

Regards,

--
Eric Trioux