Board index » delphi » HOW TO CENTER/TILE WALLPAPER FROM BPW PROGRAM !

HOW TO CENTER/TILE WALLPAPER FROM BPW PROGRAM !

How to center or tile wallpaper bitmap in WIN 3.1x from Borland Pascal
7 for Win ???
To set BMP as wallpaper I use SYSTEMPARAMETERSINFO but it can't set
tile/center - just can put picture as wallpaper but tile/center
remains as it is defined in control pannel ! Is this possible to
change ?

help !

                                                                    GrGa
  E-mail...: Arminio.Gr...@USA.Net
  HomePage.: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/9629/arminio.htm

 

Re:HOW TO CENTER/TILE WALLPAPER FROM BPW PROGRAM !


Quote
Arminio Grgic wrote:
> How to center or tile wallpaper bitmap in WIN 3.1x from Borland Pascal
> 7 for Win ???
> To set BMP as wallpaper I use SYSTEMPARAMETERSINFO but it can't set
> tile/center - just can put picture as wallpaper but tile/center
> remains as it is defined in control pannel ! Is this possible to
> change ?

Hi again!

A few months before, I tried the same. I wrote a wallpaper changer, but
the only working method seems to be setting the 'TileWallPaper=' in
win.ini [Desktop] section.

If you can find another method, please tell mee about it...

Best regards
Andras

Re:HOW TO CENTER/TILE WALLPAPER FROM BPW PROGRAM !


In article <356d5236.11792...@news.tel.hr>,
   Arminio.Gr...@USA.net (Arminio Grgic) wrote:

Quote
>How to center or tile wallpaper bitmap in WIN 3.1x from Borland Pascal
>7 for Win ???
>To set BMP as wallpaper I use SYSTEMPARAMETERSINFO but it can't set
>tile/center - just can put picture as wallpaper but tile/center
>remains as it is defined in control pannel ! Is this possible to
>change ?

Try changing WIN.INI.....

[Desktop]
TileWallPaper=1
; or whatever you like

and sending a message broadcast:
SendMessage(hWnd_Broadcast,WM_WININICHANGE,0,longint(pChar('Desktop')));

===
"On no account allow a Vogon to read poetry at you!"

Ulli Conrad
ucon...@gmx.net
http://www.gwdg.de/~uconrad1
Public PGP-Key at http://www.gwdg.de/~uconrad1/upgpkey.asc

Re:HOW TO CENTER/TILE WALLPAPER FROM BPW PROGRAM !


Quote
On Thu, 28 May 98 13:51:36 GMT, ucon...@gmx.net (Ulli Conrad) wrote:
>>How to center or tile wallpaper bitmap in WIN 3.1x from Borland Pascal
>>7 for Win ???
>>To set BMP as wallpaper I use SYSTEMPARAMETERSINFO but it can't set
>>tile/center - just can put picture as wallpaper but tile/center
>>remains as it is defined in control pannel ! Is this possible to
>>change ?
>Try changing WIN.INI.....
>[Desktop]
>TileWallPaper=1
>; or whatever you like
>and sending a message broadcast:
>SendMessage(hWnd_Broadcast,WM_WININICHANGE,0,longint(pChar('Desktop')));

Hey ! This works :))) ! But you must use  SYSTEMPARAMETERSINFO with
SPI_SETDESKWALLPAPER after this and thing works  !

But, I don't want to change settings in WIN.INI - is it possible to
make this without writting to INI ? Or, is it at least possible to
read contents of [desktop] section in WIN.INI bvfore changing (so I
can put back old settings after changin tile/center attr.) ?

                                                                    GrGa
  E-mail...: Arminio.Gr...@USA.Net
  HomePage.: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/9629/arminio.htm

Re:HOW TO CENTER/TILE WALLPAPER FROM BPW PROGRAM !


In article <356e48e4.1990...@news.tel.hr>,
   Arminio.Gr...@USA.net (Arminio Grgic) wrote:

Quote
>But, I don't want to change settings in WIN.INI - is it possible to
>make this without writting to INI ? Or, is it at least possible to
>read contents of [desktop] section in WIN.INI bvfore changing (so I
>can put back old settings after changin tile/center attr.) ?

Hi Arminio! I think the WIN.INI is change in any case of changig sys
params.....
But of course you can read the old value first. Use
GetProfileInt('Desktop','Wallpaper',0) - 0 is the default returned value if
this entry is missing in the INI.

Have fun!
- Ulli -

===
"On no account allow a Vogon to read poetry at you!"

Ulli Conrad
ucon...@gmx.net
http://www.gwdg.de/~uconrad1
Public PGP-Key at http://www.gwdg.de/~uconrad1/upgpkey.asc

Other Threads