Creating and editing Shortcuts on the desktop?

How can I create and edit Shortcuts on the Windows 95 / NT desktop?

Re:Creating and editing Shortcuts on the desktop?

> How can I create and edit Shortcuts on the Windows 95 / NT desktop?

Take a look at the IShellLink interface. If you're interested, I have an
example using this interface at
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/ESoftware/shortcuts.htm.

As to placing them on the desktop, use SHGetSpecialFolderLocation to get
the pidl for the desktop, then SHGetPathFromIDList to convert the pidl to a
path.

Other Threads