Where is the simple "beep"?

In my PoS program I need a  (simple) "beep beep" to give the user an
audible indication if he/she does some thing wrong.
I tried every thing short of executing a little DOS program with the
beeps in it.
Thanks for any help
Regards ... Gery Rohrig

Replays to this NG or
email: gprd...@no-spam-zip.com.au  (remove no-spam-)

Re:Where is the simple "beep"?

messagebeep(0);

if they have no sounds installed in win95/98 then it will beep the speaker.

-Mki

Gery Rohrig wrote in message <78dm27$eo...@the-fly.zip.com.au>...
>In my PoS program I need a  (simple) "beep beep" to give the user an
>audible indication if he/she does some thing wrong.
>I tried every thing short of executing a little DOS program with the
>beeps in it.
>Thanks for any help
>Regards ... Gery Rohrig

Re:Where is the simple "beep"?

In D3, there is a procedure called beep. Which beeps the PC speaker.

Hope it helps

Rich...

"Mki [OPTiKAL99]" <optik...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>messagebeep(0);
>if they have no sounds installed in win95/98 then it will beep the speaker.

I did try this (and many others) and I get only a fait click from the
speaker. It seem that my PC is to fast (only a P200).

Regards ... Gery Rohrig

Replays to this NG or
email: gprd...@no-spam-zip.com.au  (remove no-spam-)

Re:Where is the simple "beep"?

Hi King Chugg,
There is a trick: Implementing unit Windows after SysUtils (Delphi 3), you
can use another Beep function, where you can choose the frequency and
duration:

  function Beep(dwFreq, dwDuration: DWORD): Bool;   {Windows wrapper
function}

The other way round you get just:

  procedure Beep;

See online help (Win32.hlp) for further information.
Christian Wallner

>In D3, there is a procedure called beep. Which beeps the PC speaker.

>Hope it helps

>Rich...

>Gery Rohrig wrote in message <78dm27$eo...@the-fly.zip.com.au>...
>>In my PoS program I need a  (simple) "beep beep" to give the user an
>>audible indication if he/she does some thing wrong.
>>I tried every thing short of executing a little DOS program with the
>>beeps in it.
>>Thanks for any help
>>Regards ... Gery Rohrig

>>Replays to this NG or