invalid blob record handle errors

I keep getting an invalid blob record handle error when accessing a text 16
field.

This is the scenerio described:

1. copy records from one sql table to an identical sql table
2. read from the identical sql table
3. process records

This works fine if there are no records to be processed in the identical
table on startup, however if their are records in that table and I try to
access that text 16 field I get that "invalid blob record handle" error.

Anyone experience this type of error in the past?

I am accessing the field by a tquery.fieldbyname('blah').asstring

Thanks

Re:invalid blob record handle errors

You can try increasing the BLOB SIZE in the BDE Config.
If it doesn't work for you -- as was the case for me -- just set the
RequestLive property to False (if applicable)

Hope this helps.

Mio Nino Marquez

"Lori" <lo...@mediserve.com> wrote in message news:39a57897$1_1@dnews...
> I keep getting an invalid blob record handle error when accessing a text
16
> field.

> This is the scenerio described:

> 1. copy records from one sql table to an identical sql table
> 2. read from the identical sql table
> 3. process records

> This works fine if there are no records to be processed in the identical
> table on startup, however if their are records in that table and I try to
> access that text 16 field I get that "invalid blob record handle" error.

> Anyone experience this type of error in the past?

> I am accessing the field by a tquery.fieldbyname('blah').asstring

1). try to access the TEXT field by using TQuery.FieldByName('blah').AsMemo;
2). or convert to Varchar(8000) sth if 8000 is enough to store your data;
3). if it still doesn't work, create a stored procedure to copy TEXT data
using READTEXT and UPDATETEXT statements.

Hope this fixes your problem.

> Thanks

Re:invalid blob record handle errors

Jeff,

I do not see an AsMemo for the tquery just for a tparam???
I have tried the blob cache setting and it does not work.
I have also tried the requestlive setting and that does not work.

The weird thing is that it works just fine when the whole process starts
with an empty second table.  So I copy records from one table to an
identical "holding" table and then process. This works with no errors.
The problem is if I start the app to process when there are still records to
be processed in the "holding" table.
Its the identical calls so I am a bit confused.

"Jeff Huang" <j...@objware.com.au> wrote in message

> "Lori" <lo...@mediserve.com> wrote in message news:39a57897$1_1@dnews...
> > I keep getting an invalid blob record handle error when accessing a text
> 16
> > field.

> > This is the scenerio described:

> > 1. copy records from one sql table to an identical sql table
> > 2. read from the identical sql table
> > 3. process records

> > This works fine if there are no records to be processed in the identical
> > table on startup, however if their are records in that table and I try
> > access that text 16 field I get that "invalid blob record handle" error.

> > Anyone experience this type of error in the past?

> > I am accessing the field by a tquery.fieldbyname('blah').asstring

> 1). try to access the TEXT field by using

TQuery.FieldByName('blah').AsMemo;

> 2). or convert to Varchar(8000) sth if 8000 is enough to store your data;
> 3). if it still doesn't work, create a stored procedure to copy TEXT data
> using READTEXT and UPDATETEXT statements.

> Hope this fixes your problem.

> > Thanks

Other Threads