Tools for Turbo Vision?

I'm working on a program I'm going to use in my photo-darkroom where
only an old XT laptop without a hard drive is available. I'm
developing it in TP 7 and I'd like to use Turbo Vision for a
friendlier interface. However, the endless nested brackets are a real
drag.

Are there still any tools flying around for designing TV dialogs and
menus that generate the code automatically? If so I'd be grateful for
any tips on where to find them.

Thanx in advance,

Tim

Re:Tools for Turbo Vision?

Timothy Green (t.gr...@edina.xnc.com) wrote:

: Are there still any tools flying around for designing TV dialogs and
: menus that generate the code automatically? If so I'd be grateful for
: any tips on where to find them.

Tim:
  Look around (garbo? hobbes? jumbo?) for dlgdsn??.zip (Dialog Design).
Bob
--
O.J. Verdict - The best innocence money can buy

Bob Gibson -- gib...@netcom.com

Re:Tools for Turbo Vision?

>I'm working on a program I'm going to use in my photo-darkroom where
>only an old XT laptop without a hard drive is available. I'm
>developing it in TP 7 and I'd like to use Turbo Vision for a
>friendlier interface. However, the endless nested brackets are a real
>drag.
>Are there still any tools flying around for designing TV dialogs and
>menus that generate the code automatically? If so I'd be grateful for
>any tips on where to find them.
>Thanx in advance,
>Tim

Greetings,
               The ones I do know of are the Turbo Vision Resource Workshop,
Dialog Design (the best in my opinion), and Shazam II. All should be available
at garbo.uwasa.fi (hope i remembered the name correctly) in the tvision
directory.

Carl Eric Codere aka Black One.
cecod...@andrew.sca.usherb.ca
carl.cod...@evening.magicnet.com
http://www-edu.gel.usherb.ca/codc01
<Electrical Engineering, University of Sherbrooke>

Re:Tools for Turbo Vision?

  Hello everyone!

  There is such a program, and I've developed it. It is called Turbo Vision
Resource WorkShop. A short description of the program is at the end of this
article. It is now available at SimTel and all it's mirrors as:

ftp://ftp.coast.net/SimTel/msdos/turbovis/tvrw221d.zip

    Turbo Vision Resource WorkShop

    A Turbo Vision developer's toolkit, which is similar to Borland's
Resource WorkShop for Windows, except that it is intended to be used with
Turbo Vision. It allows you to design/maintain dialogs, menubars,
statuslines, stringtables and controls. The designed objects can be saved in
TV's resource file format, and you can also generate well structured
compilable Pascal source code.
  Turbo Vision supports multi-level undo/redo and using constants instead of
numbers, has a great clipboard, and includes Resource utilities like Packing,
Merging, Appending to EXE etc.
  The clipboard may contain any type of object which can be later reused.
Since the clipboard is saved, you can use it as a control library of often
used objects (like OK buttons).
  TVRW can read your Pascal source files (Units or Programs) and extract the
constants from it. There are three types of constants cmXXXXX, hcXXXXX and
kbXXXXX. These can be used in places where you normally need to specify a
number.
  Turbo Vision Resource WorkShop's built in Sourcer can generate a Resource
Builder program, a skeleton application (which you can use as a base of your
app), and some units, which contains the generator functions of the given
object type (e.g. Dialog, Menu, String, Status and Controls unit.)

  This 2.21 version is a quick bugfix, because v2.2 contained some {*word*193}
bugs, which caused crashes on some systems.
  The Turbo Vision Resource WorkShop mailing list is now formed. To
subscribe send an e-mail to lists...@balabit.saturnus.vein.hu containing:

  subscribe tvrw

  If you have an e-mail only connection you can also get TVRW by sending an
e-mail to the same listserv address containing:

  get tvrw221d.uue

  I'm currently working on my listserv to allow getting Splitted UUEncode
files, but it is not ready yet. So please note that tvrw221d.uue is about
755kB long.

  Please use the ba...@hal2000.vein.hu e-mail address, if you wand to send
me a message instead of ba...@balabit.saturnus.vein.hu .

--
                                 Balazs Scheidler

Bem Street 42.  | Learning informatics at the University of Veszprem
7100 Szekszard  | e-mail: ba...@almos.vein.hu, ba...@hal2000.vein.hu
Hungary         | Don't use that evil Wimpdoze, get Warped !  :-)
Microsoft Network is prohibited from redistributing this work  in any
form, in whole or in part without license. License to distribute this
work  is  available  to  Microsoft  at $500.  Transmission without
permission constitutes an agreement to these terms.
         I grant everyone the right to copy this signature