DCOM Events--HELP!

I have a COM/DCOM Server used to configure and access registry information
on a local or remote machine.  When the configuration is updated I want to
fire an event to any other client currently connected to the same server so
that they (other clients) can pick up the changes.

I now can get Events to fire to all connected clients, but ONLYwhen they are
on the same machine (local COM).   I still can not get the events to appear
when the clients are remote.  I have set up a test where I had both remote
and local connections to the same server.  The event was received by the
local client, but not by the remote client.  All other activity seems to
work correctly.

Anyone have any ideas??

The server is implemented and an EXE.

Re:DCOM Events--HELP!

This is usually an Authentication Level security issue. Tip #10 on my site
might help.

--
have fun
Binh Ly

"Bob Moffa" <b...@kmsys.com> wrote in message news:3b0539a2$1_1@dnews...
> I now can get Events to fire to all connected clients, but ONLYwhen they
are
> on the same machine (local COM).   I still can not get the events to
appear
> when the clients are remote.  I have set up a test where I had both remote
> and local connections to the same server.  The event was received by the
> local client, but not by the remote client.  All other activity seems to
> work correctly.

Other Threads