Program's don't work on new PC

Hello,

I have written a lot of programs in Turbo Pascal since many years.
I recently bought a new PC (PIII and 128MB Ram). The problem is
that none of the programs that I have written in Borland Pascal
6.0 doesn't work on my new machine. On my old machine a P200 with
48 MB ram they run correctly. When starting the programs I always
get a runtime error. Also the old Turbo Pascal 6.0 compiler has
a strange behaviour on the new machine. E.g. when pressing
the "down" key several times a couple of "8" characters appear
on the screan. Any idea what can make my programs back to
work? The PC himself works fine, there nothing wrong with it.

Thanks in advance for replying

Tim De Vos

Re:Program's don't work on new PC

Tim De Vos <tim.de....@village.uunet.be> wrote:

>I have written a lot of programs in Turbo Pascal since many years.
>I recently bought a new PC (PIII and 128MB Ram). The problem is
>that none of the programs that I have written in Borland Pascal
>6.0 doesn't work on my new machine. On my old machine a P200 with
>48 MB ram they run correctly. When starting the programs I always
>get a runtime error.

It it is a runtime error 200 that must be the famous CRT bug on
fast machines.  See the FAQ.

> Also the old Turbo Pascal 6.0 compiler has
>a strange behaviour on the new machine. E.g. when pressing
>the "down" key several times a couple of "8" characters appear
>on the screan.

This is a problem that I thought was gone.  It used to happen if
your keyboard controler wasn't good enough.  The keyboard
controler handles access to upper memory.  I thought that you
wouldn't have the problem on a modern machine.

Jud McCranie

Other Threads