How to migrate old QR's reports?

Hi All!

        Believe it or not, I'm migrating, in these days, an app from Delphi
1.0 to Delphi 6.0. Besides *all* weird problems I'm facing, there's one I
would prefer not to have: this old app has several QuickReport reports. To
open these reports in Delphi 6.0 I've made a trick: I open each *.dfm of the
report and change the base class from TQuickReport to TQuickRep (the renamed
class of QR on D6), and after complain of some properties that don't exist
anymore, Delphi open the form, with the report inside.

        This is fine except for one thing: the controls (almost all of them,
including labels and mainly shapes) are completely out of format: the great
part of them aren't with all its width large.

        Well, you can imagine I wouldn't like to reposition and resize each
control of a dozen reports.... ;-)
        If someone has a tip, I'll be infinitely thankful... :-)

Thanks,
R.

Re:How to migrate old QR's reports?

>         If someone has a tip, I'll be infinitely thankful... :-)

Buy a lot of donnuts or sandwiches and coke??  :)
Sorry for the completely useless answer but couldn't resist.
--
Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo
Gerente de Sistemas - Grupo Millennium Ltda

Re:How to migrate old QR's reports?

On qusofts website is a tool for converting qr1 files to qr3
Gert Busser
"Guillermo Casta?o A" <Guiller...@GrupoMillennium.com> schreef in bericht
> >         If someone has a tip, I'll be infinitely thankful... :-)

> Buy a lot of donnuts or sandwiches and coke??  :)
> Sorry for the completely useless answer but couldn't resist.
> --
> Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo
> Gerente de Sistemas - Grupo Millennium Ltda
> Guiller...@GrupoMillennium.com
> http://www.GrupoMillennium.com

Re:How to migrate old QR's reports?

    Well, thanks for the tip on the converter, but this converter does
exactly what I was doing manually. In the final result, my shapes and my
labels completely loose their formats...

    Well, that's a cruel world... Let's get some donnuts and Cokes... ;-)

Thanks,
R.

"Rodrigo Rodrigues" <keysoft.rodr...@terra.com.br> schreef in bericht

>     Well, thanks for the tip on the converter, but this converter does
> exactly what I was doing manually. In the final result, my shapes and my
> labels completely loose their formats...

>     Well, that's a cruel world... Let's get some donnuts and Cokes... ;-)

> Thanks,
> R.

> "gert busser" <gertbus...@planet.nl> escreveu na mensagem
> > On qusofts website is a tool for converting qr1 files to qr3
> > Gert Busser
> > "Guillermo Casta?o A" <Guiller...@GrupoMillennium.com> schreef in
bericht

> > > Buy a lot of donnuts or sandwiches and coke??  :)
> > > Sorry for the completely useless answer but couldn't resist.
> > > --
> > > Guillermo Casta?o Acevedo
> > > Gerente de Sistemas - Grupo Millennium Ltda
> > > Guiller...@GrupoMillennium.com
> > > http://www.GrupoMillennium.com

I came across the same when trying to port from Delphi 3 to Delphi 4. All my
reports were useless and I had to rebuild them by hand. I guess you have to
do the same..

May I suggest that you start using some other reporting components? :)

Regards,
Teo.

Other Threads