Delphi CBT

Anyone know if Borland (or anybody else, for that matter) produce Delphi
self-tutorial material on video or CD-ROM?

And while I'm here, any recommendations for a good textbook on building
applications with Delphi for mortals rather than gurus.

Thanks,

Dave

Re:Delphi CBT

In article: <4b8v4g$...@scotsman.ed.ac.uk>  Dave Stone <D.St...@ed.ac.uk> writes:
> And while I'm here, any recommendations for a good textbook on building
> applications with Delphi for mortals rather than gurus.

I can recommend "Delphi Unleashed" by Charles Calvert, Sams Publishing.
It's a very good intro to Delphi, including database stuff and builds
up some pretty hairy advanced work without going to quickly. I found
the pace just right. It also covers Object Pascal inheritance etc, and
component writing.

It comes with a CD loaded with useful demos and examples from the book.
UKP 35.50, ISBN 0-672-30499-6.

I started out with "Instant Delphi" which I didn't get on with at all.

Regards,

Mike Wilson                                     m...@plexus.demon.co.uk
Plexus Systems Ltd.                             Reading, Berkshire, UK

Other Threads