DBEdit (Masking input - Float fields)

I am unable to limit the value of input to a DBEdit control which is
attatched to a dBase Float field (set at length 5.2). I have set the
Display Format and Edit Format via the Field Editor to "00.00;0" -
This restricts the entry to numeric characters but allows me to enter
numbers greater than 99.99 - this is the problem - What am I missing??

Should I be using OnGetFormat/OnSetFormat? My efforts so far with
these functions only yield GPF's! If this is the track I should take
does anyone have a sample of how to use these functions?

TIA..Keith
-- Keith Power 8 Brunner St Toowoomba Q 4350 Australia
               email:  kpo...@gil.ipswichcity.qld.gov.au