Re: Did Chuck Jazdzewski resign?

2004-01-09 01:13:20 AM
delphi236
Martin Waldenburg writes:
management will never cut itself.
I assume that people in charge of cuts wouldn't cut themselves, no, but
management level people are layed off all the time.
--
Nick Hodges (TeamB)
Lemanix Corporation - (www.lemanix.com)

Re: Did Chuck Jazdzewski resign?

"Wayne Niddery [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in
If you read the quarterly report, it specifies GAAP and non-GAAP
numbers. The non-GAAP numbers show a profit. I am not an accountant and
could not tell you how the two methods actually differ but it seems
Non GAAP is how you show a profit without making a profit. IMO, the only
numbers that should be released are those turn into the IRS.
--
Iman

Re: Did Chuck Jazdzewski resign?

Nick Hodges (TeamB) writes:
the stock market seemed to think the layoffs were
a good idea. Take that for what it is worth.
nothing, the stock market is not driven by reason.
Martin

Re: Did Chuck Jazdzewski resign?

"JQP" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
The auto industry is filled with grossly overpaid, semi-skilled union
workers.
Which was management failure.

Re: Did Chuck Jazdzewski resign?

Hi All,
One thing to note -- the stock market seemed to think the layoffs were
a good idea. Take that for what it is worth.
And the fact that Borland is actually a stock-company (how does one call
that?), may be the reason for the "radio silence" at this time of the
year...?
Nick Hodges (TeamB)
Groetjes,
Bob Swart (aka Dr.Bob - www.DrBob42.com)
--
Bob Swart Training & Consultancy (eBob42) Borland Technology Partner
webmaster UK Borland User Group (BUG) & DotNet Developers Group (DDG)

Re: Did Chuck Jazdzewski resign?

Wayne Niddery [TeamB] writes:
How does laying off unneeded people represent long term income reduction?
did you consider Chuck J to be unneeded?
--
R.
www.friedman-net.com

Re: Did Chuck Jazdzewski resign?

In article <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, Iman L Crawford writes:
Go read up on GAPP.

Actually it is GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), and the rules
do change over time, so that is not a constant measurement.
The main reason there are different sets of numbers is not so much that the
company wants to produce them, but that outsiders ask for different things.
The IRS does not want GAAP. The SEC wants GAAP, and most finance companies
want that as well. A prospective buyer may very well want to see some other
perspective that is better for forecasting than for recording history.
I'm in the finance industry, we require the companies we
loan to to provide GAPP financials. Otherwise we have to become
investigative accountants to figure out what the real value of the company
is.

If you are financing anything more than auto loans, you'd better have
investigative accountants even for GAAP statements.
Regards,
Steve Tyrakowski
www.sct-associates.com

Re: Did Chuck Jazdzewski resign?

"Captain Jake" <johnjac76[nospam]@comcast.net>writes
Which was management failure.
Maybe so ... in which case the cuts should be viewed constructively as a
corrective measure<g>.

>Which was management failure.

Maybe so ... in which case the cuts should be viewed constructively as a
corrective measure<g>.
management will never cut itself.
Martin

Re: Did Chuck Jazdzewski resign?

"Martin Waldenburg" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
management will never cut itself.
In the US of A, very few jobs are safe and secure. Lots of mid-level
manager positions have been eliminated in recent years.

>management will never cut itself.

In the US of A, very few jobs are safe and secure. Lots of mid-level
manager positions have been eliminated in recent years.
that's not the level of management
where decisions are made.
Martin

Re: Did Chuck Jazdzewski resign?

In the US of A, very few jobs are safe and secure. Lots of mid-level
manager positions have been eliminated in recent years.

In Europe, on the contrary, we have safe jobs... but that means a higher
rate of unemployment (a lot higher) and smaller salaries. And the most
interventionist countries are fighting right now against a dreadful
economical recession.
Ian (who lives in Europe)

Re: Did Chuck Jazdzewski resign?

"Ian Mar{*word*249}s" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
In Europe, on the contrary, we have safe jobs... but that means a higher
rate of unemployment (a lot higher) and smaller salaries. And the most
interventionist countries are fighting right now against a dreadful
economical recession.
Everything has a cost ... including job security.
Business in the US is cold, cruel and heartless. it is all about money ...
that's the bottom line<g>. Those with drive, determination and ability seem
to like it because they tend to be rewarded ... and rewarded very, very well
in many cases.
Those without many of these attributes ... well, they want to move to
Europe<g>.

Re: Did Chuck Jazdzewski resign?

"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM [a.k.a.
vertexsoftware.com]>wrote in news:3ffd958e$XXXX@XXXXX.COM:
SEC filings are also required to be factual.
I think there should be one set of numbers.
--
Iman

Re: Did Chuck Jazdzewski resign?

"Iman L Crawford" <ilcrawford.at.hotmail.dot.com>writes
I think there should be one set of numbers.
I think each company should have their own numbers. I wouldn't be very
confident if all companies used the same set of numbers.