SAP DB

Anyone knows about SAP DB ?
I just goole and found this DB.

Re:SAP DB

The site tells all about it.
If there's not enough info for you, you should either contact them or ask
here a specific question.
--
Robert Cerny
DelphiShaman
Anyone knows about SAP DB ?
I just goole and found this DB.

Re:SAP DB

Any component like TADO, dbExpress can access this database ?
"Robert Cerny" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>Anyone knows about SAP DB ?
>I just goole and found this DB.

Re:SAP DB

STFW.
Read the site.
If the site does not mention ADO nor ODBC, then ADO and DBX probably can't
access it.
But, there is always a component to access the database, otherwise the
database would be of no use, wouldn't it?
--
Robert Cerny
DelphiShaman
Any component like TADO, dbExpress can access this database ?

Re:SAP DB

Hello !
ODBC is native API for SAP DB. So, you can use,
for example:
- Open ODBC dbExpress driver (its freeware);
- ADO Express through ODBC OLE DB provider;
- BDE components through ODBC driver.
Regards,
Dmitry
SAPx - Delphi to SAP R/3 direct access
Saphir - SAP R/3 metadata on your fingertips
MetaBase - ERWIN model in Delphi applications
NCOCI8 - Freeware Delphi to ORACLE direct access

>The site tells all about it.
>If there's not enough info for you, you should either contact them or ask
>here a specific question.
>--
>Robert Cerny
>DelphiShaman
>"Alan" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>>Anyone knows about SAP DB ?
>>I just goole and found this DB.

Re:SAP DB

Re:SAP DB

And even ADO.Net components can connect to ODBC data source. This solution
will require .Net framework but it may be good solution if project later
will be moved on .Net.
//------------------------------------------
Regards,
Vassiliev V. V.
www.managed-vcl.com - using .Net objects in Delphi + ADO.Net
www.oledbdirect.com - The fastest way to access MS SQL Server,
MS Jet (Access) and Interbase (through OLEDB)
"Dmitry Arefiev" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>сообщи?сообщила ?новостях
следующе? news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...

Dmitry L. Arefiev, gs-soft Company, www.gs-soft.com
Personal - www.da-soft.com

Alan writes:
>Any component like TADO, dbExpress can access this database ?
>
>"Robert Cerny" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>>The site tells all about it.
>>If there's not enough info for you, you should either contact them or
ask
>>here a specific question.
>>--
>>Robert Cerny
>>DelphiShaman
>>"Alan" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>>>Anyone knows about SAP DB ?
>>>I just goole and found this DB.

Re:SAP DB

Using the BDE is not a good idea. See
community.borland.com/article/0,1410,28688,00.html
I know all about BDE, but i was talking about
physical abilities to access to SAP DB. And i
was and will talk - BDE is great technologie.
Question - how to use it properly <g>
Regards,
Dmitry
--
Dmitry Arefiev, gs-soft Company, www.gs-soft.com
Personal - www.da-soft.com
SAPx - Delphi to SAP R/3 direct access
Saphir - SAP R/3 metadata on your fingertips
MetaBase - ERWIN model in Delphi applications
NCOCI8 - Freeware Delphi to ORACLE direct access

Re:SAP DB

Yes, SAP DB will soon become MaxDB, the enterprise-level product from MySQL.
Richard
"Robert MacLean" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

weren't they supposed to become part of mysql at some point?

Re:SAP DB

BTW, article says SQLLinks are depricated. ODBC is
supported not through SQLLink, but through BDE ODBC
Driver ...
Regards,
Dmitry
--
Dmitry Arefiev, gs-soft Company, community.gs-soft.com
Personal - www.da-soft.com
SAPx - Delphi to SAP R/3 direct access
Saphir - SAP R/3 metadata on your fingertips
MetaBase - ERWIN model in Delphi applications
NCOCI8 - Freeware Delphi to ORACLE direct access
Bill Todd writes:
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:59:25 +0300, "Dmitry Arefiev [gs-soft.ru]"
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:

>I know all about BDE,

You may know about the state of the BDE and Borland's plans for it but
that does not mean that the people you are recommending it to do. If
you are going to tell people to consider the BDE you are doing them a
very great disservice if you do not also tell them to read
community.borland.com/article/0,1410,28688,00.html so they
understand the risk involved.

dbExpress driver for SAP DB available on www.softvector.com
--
Best wishes,
Andrey Zubik

Re:SAP DB

Are MySQL and SAPDB merged into one or still as two DB ?
"Richard Biffl" <borlandnews a t removvethiisphrraseblacklettersoftware.com>
writes news:3fb2feaa$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...