SMTP - SPAM Checks - Downloadable SPAM databases

2004-02-12 10:39:56 AM
delphi134
I have figured out how to check for SPAM IP's doing a DNS lookup.
I have a VERY SIMPLE SMTP server/relay working - it would be considered
an Open Relay, and so is not in use yet (although my POP3 and SysLog
servers are in use).
I would like to add as much spam control as possible for automatically
downloading public lists of advertisers or {*word*62} domains and the like.
I have created a small list of IP addresses from known SPAM sources. I
have been told there is a downloadable list of {*word*62} mail servers as
well, but I have not been able to find it. Can anyone help me find
such sources? I have about 50 DNS lookups - I want actual files, not
DNS lookups.
I have lots of work to do on my SMTP server. I'd like an interface
that allows me to add in Filters. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Lee

Re:SMTP - SPAM Checks - Downloadable SPAM databases

www.ordb.org/
www.spamcop.net/
"Lee Parker" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

[...]

Milan writes:
www.ordb.org/
www.spamcop.net/

As far as I can tell, those do not have downloads. I can to checks via
DNS lookup, and am already doing that. I'd like to skip the DNS
lookup for {*word*62} sites (only). I am writing this software for myself,
but a www.fcclagrange.org (a church) will be hosting the server and I
would like to minimize the possibility of {*word*62} adverti{*word*224}ts!
Thanks,
Lee

Re:SMTP - SPAM Checks - Downloadable SPAM databases

Sorry, that was the closest to your question that I can help. But those
servers help eliminate all the spam, {*word*62} as well.
I think it would be the most effective if you can check for certain words
that {*word*62} adverti{*word*224}ts must have to eliminate this kind of mail.