Missing Proxies.pas error while registering property editors

2003-11-30 10:36:13 PM
delphi275
Hello,
I am migrating a Delphi 5 project to Delphi 6. I have run into the missing
proxies.pas problem, as specified in
bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,27717,00.html.
I have segregated the design and runtime code, added designide.dcp to my
package dclusr.dpk.
My project contains 3 units:
- unit1: contains a number of classes;
- unit2: contains the property editors for the classes in unit1.
- unit3: containes a TTreeview descendant whose treenode's have an
associated class from uni1.
When I try to register the classes' property editors using "unit2.register"
the missing proxies.pas error pops up.
Is there a workaround to this problem?
Kind regards,
Ronan van Riet

Re:Missing Proxies.pas error while registering property editors

You need to create 2 separate packages (dpk files). One run-time and one
design time. For instructions on how to do this, go to this address:
www.geocities.com/alain_cal/package_issues.htm
--
Alain Quesnel
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Hello,

I am migrating a Delphi 5 project to Delphi 6. I have run into the missing
proxies.pas problem, as specified in
bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,27717,00.html.

I have segregated the design and runtime code, added designide.dcp to my
package dclusr.dpk.

My project contains 3 units:
- unit1: contains a number of classes;

- unit2: contains the property editors for the classes in unit1.

- unit3: containes a TTreeview descendant whose treenode's have an
associated class from uni1.
When I try to register the classes' property editors using
"unit2.register"
the missing proxies.pas error pops up.

Is there a workaround to this problem?

Kind regards,

Ronan van Riet

Re:Missing Proxies.pas error while registering property editors

Hello Alain,
Thanks for your suggestion and write up re Package Issues.
I have limited knowlege on creating my own package and have run into
problems. I hope you can help me. I am on Delphi 6.
So far I have
1) created a new Run Time package, with the following
package Package1;
{$R *.res}
{$ALIGN 8}
{$ASSERTIONS ON}
{$BOOLEVAL OFF}
{$DEBUGINFO ON}
{$EXTENDEDSYNTAX ON}
{$IMPORTEDDATA ON}
{$IOCHECKS ON}
{$LOCALSYMBOLS ON}
{$LONGSTRINGS ON}
{$OPENSTRINGS ON}
{$OPTIMIZATION ON}
{$OVERFLOWCHECKS OFF}
{$RANGECHECKS OFF}
{$REFERENCEINFO ON}
{$SAFEDIVIDE OFF}
{$STACKFRAMES OFF}
{$TYPEDADDRESS OFF}
{$VARSTRINGCHECKS ON}
{$WRITEABLECONST OFF}
{$MINENUMSIZE 1}
{$IMAGEBASE $400000}
{$DESCRIPTION 'Run Time Package'}
{$RUNONLY}
{$IMPLICITBUILD OFF}
requires
rtl,
vcl,
whubd6,
dclusr;
contains
ucNEN5066 in '..\dpr\ucNEN5066.pas';
end.
When I compile I get an error: Could not create output for C:\Program
Files\Borland\Delphi6\Projects\Bpl\dclusr60.bpl
The file does exist, something must be preventing Delphi from writing to
it.
What could be causing this?
Why am I using dclusr and not dclusr60?
After this is working I plan to create a Design Time package
(DesignTime.dcp) which will
- Require: RunTime.dcp
- Contain: ucEPNProp.pas which will register the components (defined in
ucNEN5066.pas) and also register the property editors which are also
defined
in ucEPNProp.pas
Is that the right place for doing this?
My next question is concerning the usage of these Design Time and Run Time
packages.
- While working in the IDE will I only ever use the Design Time package?
- When I distribute my app, will I only ever have to distribute the Run
Time
pages? Where will that file go?
I hope you find time to help me.
Kind regards,
Ronan van Riet
"Alain Quesnel" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

>Hello,
>
>I am migrating a Delphi 5 project to Delphi 6. I have run into the
missing
>proxies.pas problem, as specified in
>bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,27717,00.html.
>
>I have segregated the design and runtime code, added designide.dcp to my
>package dclusr.dpk.
>
>My project contains 3 units:
>- unit1: contains a number of classes;
>
>- unit2: contains the property editors for the classes in unit1.
>
>- unit3: containes a TTreeview descendant whose treenode's have an
>associated class from uni1.
>When I try to register the classes' property editors using
"unit2.register"
>the missing proxies.pas error pops up.
>
>Is there a workaround to this problem?
>
>Kind regards,
>
>Ronan van Riet

Re:Missing Proxies.pas error while registering property editors

"Ronan van Riet" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
Why am I using dclusr and not dclusr60?
You shouldn't be using either of them in a runtime package.
Cheers,
Ignacio

Re:Missing Proxies.pas error while registering property editors

Hello Ignacio,
Thanks for your reply. Are you saying dclusrX is a design time package?
Anyway I have removed dclusr from the requires list and compile want to
include:
Add vcl.
Add whubd6.
Add dclusr.
This means one of the packages has a dependency on dclusr? How would I find
out which on? What are my options?
I hope you can get me started.
Kind regards,
Ronan van Riet
"Ignacio Vazquez" <ivazquezATorioncommunications.com>writes
"Ronan van Riet" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
>Why am I using dclusr and not dclusr60?

You shouldn't be using either of them in a runtime package.

Cheers,
Ignacio

Re:Missing Proxies.pas error while registering property editors

"Ronan van Riet" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
This means one of the packages has a dependency on dclusr? How would I
find out which on? What are my options?
One of your units uses a design-time unit. look for a unit name starting
with "Design".
Cheers,
Ignacio

Re:Missing Proxies.pas error while registering property editors

One of your units is probably included in dclusr.dpk Remove that unit from
that dclusr.dpk, and add it to your runtime package instead.